Thursday, September 30, 2010

Walmart Haul

Had to fill a prescription again... left with a bag full of goodies. I think I am going to have to stop carrying my makeup coupons with me everywhere I go, otherwise I think up fabulous excuses to use them. If I knew I had a coupon at home, I sure wouldn't buy the thing the coupon is for... hmm I might have to consider this... But in the meantime, here are the goodies!


L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base, 0.5 oz
Originally $10.97, Minus $2.00 coupon, Total: $8.97!
I almost bought this at Walgreens for like $13.00 over Labor Day Weekend so I'm really glad I waited!


I don't know if there are words to describe how excited I am for this tiny little jar of product. I have wanted it so bad for so long. But can I please emphasize how small this jar is. The average nail polish is 0.5 OZ.... and this stuff is supposed to go all over my face, everyday...? I'm pretty disappointed in the size, but if it works wonders maybe it will be worth it. So I will keep you posted, maybe you only need the tiniest amount and that's how it last longer than a week. Either way, I'm super excited to FINALLY own this stuff!



L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Color Smokes eye shadow in Lavender Smokes
Originally $5.97, Minus $1.00 coupon, Total $4.97!


So the colors altogether in a palette look so pretty. And the dark smokey purple is Ahmaaazing! The gold is pretty and decently pigmented, same with the bronze. But then you get to the mauve... and is soo disappointing. You can hardly see it. The small amount you can see on my finger is after several attempts to pack on the color. But overall I think I like the palette and I am really excited to do a look with all 4 colors.

Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner in Eggplant (with brush)
Originally $6.98, Minus $2.00 coupon, Total: $4.98



I really am going through a purple phase... and I LOVE it. I have high hopes for this to actually look purple when I'm wearing it. As far as the 24-Hour claim, I swatched some on my arm (but couldn't get a good picture) and vigorously rubbed it with my finger for 10-20 seconds and there was not the slightest smudging. I was shocked! And really excited to use this!!



Rimmell Lasting Finish Pro in Desert Rose, $3.47



The jury is still out on this shade... I was looking for a fall shade unlike any others that I have. This is definitely different from anything I have and it's definitely a fall shade... I think I will have to wait until I actually put it on to finally decide. other than the shade, I have never tried a Rimmel nail polish before but the bottles were so cute, I couldn't pass this up! I have definitely found my favorite nail polish bottle. It has a crown on the top of the lid, it's so cute!

Maybelline Cover Stick corrector concealer in Yellow

Originally $5.97, Minus $1.00 coupon, Total: $4.97


Some mornings I have the craziest undereye circles like I have a black eye, other mornings they are perfectly normal. It's been a while since I have used a concealer, so I decided to give this stuff a try. I have used it once and it was a little cakey, but I was in a hurry and I don't think I blended it out very well. I am going to keep trying and see if maybe I am using too much or not blending enough.

Those are all the goodies I bought on this trip, I really think I am going to have to lay off the hauling, maybe I will save up for a few weeks and do an E.L.F. or some other kind of online haul, I love getting packages in the mail! We will see, either way I'm going to try to focus on doing posts that aren't all hauls.

Have you tried the Magic Perfecting Base? What do you think of it? Tried any of the other things I got? Leave your comments down below, I'd love to hear what you've been buying lately.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment