Thursday, September 30, 2010

EOTD #2

I had so much fun doing my first EOTD post that I couldn't wait to do another one, literally, I couldn't wait! :) My last EOTD was a shimmery neutral look. This one is still shimmery but it's a silvery smokey eye with purple! Lately I cannot get enough purple when it comes to my eye makeup and I love this combination of silvery and purple!
So here is the finished look. (Sorry my pictures aren't very good, they are taken in artificial lighting.)
This is kind of step by step what it looked like as I was doing my make up. I had planned on taking a picture each time I put a different shade on or a different product but when I start doing my makeup I get lost in my own little world and I totally forgot. So I took a picture showing my bare but primed eyes, then the silver I used as my base but then it jumps all the way to already having the purple, charcoal black, and lining my bottom lash line... Sorry!!
Here are the products I used to create this look. As far as eyeshadows go I used a couple palettes but only the shades with a green dot were used.
(From Left to Right)

1. E.L.F. eyelash curler
2. Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara in Extreme Black
3. CoverGirl LashBlast Volume in Black
4. E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
5. E.L.F. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Plum
6. E.L.F. Studio eyeshadow "C" brush
7. 3 Sonia Kashuk for Target eyeshadow brushes
8. Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeshadow trio in Don't Steal My Thunder, I used the charcoal black and the silver
9. Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeshadow palette in Lust, I used the matte purple and the shimmery teal-ish black
10. N.Y.C. Color Wheel Mosaic eye powder in Purple Rain



After packing on the silver shadow all over my lid, I lightly darkened the outer corner and crease with the black from the trio. (Oh I started with primer all over my lid and a little on the bottom lash line.) I didn't want it to be to dark. I followed that with the the matte purple shadow on my inner corner. It ended up being a little too dark so I lightened it up a bit with Purple Rain. I felt like I had kind of lost the shimmery silver so when I finished with the other shadows I went back and added more silver right in the center of my eyelid. I love having a shimmery color right there at the fullest part of my lid because it really reflects the light hitting it and makes my eyes pop!
I lined my eyes with the teal-black shade. It really only looked black but I knew there were teal shimmers, even if no else did, so I thought it was a fun color to use. You can't really tell in any of the pictures I posted (sorry!) but using my angled brush and the left over teal-black from lining my eyes, I took the brush and winged out my eyes a little. It was very subtle and not something I normally do but it look really cool.
I did my usual medium thick line of liquid liner on the top lash line and I curled my lashes. But for my mascara I switched out my usual Rimmel Lycra Extender for the Rimmel Sexy Curves and followed up with my Lashblast. I love using two mascaras. I feel like every mascara has something different to offer so why not use more than one, right!?
I hope you liked this look and it gave you some ideas for the next time you do your eye makeup!
What do you guys think of these EOTD posts? Would you rather I left out the explanation of how I did it, stop doing them altogether, or do you like seeing some of the eye looks I am doing? How did you do your makeup today?! Let me know below!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment