Sunday, September 12, 2010

My birthday festivities!

So in honor of graduating from teenage-hood (as my sister so lovely put it), I decided labor day weekend would actually be Me Weekend!! haha I'm not full of myself at all.

Friday (The Big Day)

I had to go to work but it worked out nicely because I was training a new guy and all I had to do was supervise him doing all my work. It doesn't get any better than that. We had a pot luck and birthday cake, not the most glamorous birthday lunch but I'm not complaining. I got off work at 3:30pm but my hubby had to work late so I had a few hours to just relax and pamper myself. The husband got home around 7:00pm and he took me on a picnic up the canyon. We ate on a blanket in the grass near the river and we were the only ones around. It was such a pretty evening. I got to open birthday presents and my hubby got me a new purse and 3 new perfumes. Then he took me to the Drive-In and we saw Charlie St. Cloud. (Which wasn't too bad.) Then off to sleep we went.

Mustard yellow leather purse with silver stud detail


Perfume!! Paris Hilton, Jessica Simpson, and Guess


Saturday

We went up to my parents for the rest of the weekend. I dropped my husband off at his parents and met my brother for lunch. He took me to this awesome panini shop called Jaxies. I can't wait to go there again because the food was awesome and the people that work there are so friendly! After eating we went to Walgreens and Rite Aid and I did birthday shopping. We picked up the hubby and ended up going to trade in my Chevy Cobalt for a Chevy Malibu. After our spontaneous trip to the car dealership, we went to my parents for dinner, cake, ice cream, and more presents! I got some pretty clothes from my mom and dad, a Candies brand lotion and body spray set from my sister, and a really cute pig stuffed animal from my aunt. (I have this thing for pigs, I love them!) Later that night we went over to my Aunt and Uncle's and hung out with some of extended family.

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

Candies brand lotion, body wash, and body spray in Sweet.Floral.Fresh

Peacock inspired print halter dress with satin ribbon tie and black neck detail.


Long sleeve leopard print sweater



Sunday

Church in the new dress I got for my birthday. Then we spent the afternoon at my Hubby's parents before going back to my Aunt and Uncle's for a big family dinner. I had so much fun hanging out with my family and seeing my cute little cousins who came all the way from Arkansas. After dinner we went back to my parent's and my hubby, cousin, her husband, and I played card games and hung out.

Monday

I went out and about with the husband and we stopped for lunch at this delicious BBQ place. Then it was off to dinner with his family. And finally back to our own little home and the real world.


It was nice to have a relaxed weekend full of family, fun, and food I didn't have to cook! This past Saturday I got a birthday present in the mail from my siblings who live in other states. They all pitched in and got me a brand new Coastal Scents 88 shimmer eyeshadow palette!!! I posted back in July about how mine broke before I ever got to use it and "a little birdy" *;)* told them how bummed I was so they got me a new one!



That sums up my birthday weekend. I had so much fun and I love all the gifts my family got me. Now I'm twenty and I have a whole new decade to look forward to.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment