Friday, September 3, 2010

Collective Haul

Oh my goodness, I am so excited to show you what I got in this haul because I got really good deals and really great products!


I'm going to start with the things I bought from Big Lots. I had never really been in a Big Lots before, and I had really low expectations so you can imagine my surprise when I saw this decently sized makeup section with Almay, Revlon, Rimmel, Maybelline, Covergirl, ELF, Sally Hansen, and Prestige. I couldn't believe it!


ELF Eye Combo Pack in black and clear, $2.00

I couldn't believe they had ELF! I'm so glad I got this little combo pack. It comes with an eye brightening eyeliner in black (I'm not sure what is so "brightening" about black), dual ended waterproof and regular mascara in black, and a dual ended clear brow and lash mascara. I haven't used the eye liner yet, but it's just a regular eyeliner. I do like the black mascara duo. It's the perfect kind of mascara to carry around in your purse! It's small, works really well, and you have the option of regular or waterproof. I don't know how well the waterproof withstands water because I haven't tried that end yet, so we will see. And my favorite thing from this combo pack is the clear mascara. Both ends have the same brush and same product but they separate it so you don't have to have to use the same thing on your lashes that you did on your brows and visa versa. I have crazy eyebrows and they don't stay put throughout the day and I touch my face all the time so my eyebrows are just crazy if I'm not careful and this stuff is like gold. I use it in the morning and my eyebrow hairs stay absolutely in place allllll day. It great because I brush them and groom them until they look exactly how I want them and then they don't move. I will warn you it can make your brows feel a little crusty or crunchy. That's a terrible way to put it...but it's the truth. They don't look gross or crunchy or "gelled" but if you touch your brows while wearing it, they are going to feel kind of hard. I don't have a problem with it because my eyebrows look fantastic but some people might.


Prestige eyeshadow in Wasabi, $1.50

I don't know how Big Lots got these shadows, but they are still in drugstores. I was at Rite Aid the night before I bought this and I almost bought this exact shadow in a different shade! And I believe at Rite Aide they were $3.00 or $4.00. I am so glad I didn't get them and went to Big Lots instead because this is a great price and SUCH a pretty shade. It's a very pearly, shimmery, iridescent shade of pale green. I love it! And I love the product in it's packaging, I mean what a cute and unique design! So loving this...



Revlon Soft on the Eyes sheer loose powder in Head in the Clouds, $2.00
My jaw hit the floor when I saw these at Big Lots! I bought this shadow in different colors like 3 years ago! And I paid at least $10.00 for it then. These colors are so pretty. My favorite is the lilac shade. They are very very sheer colors which normally drives me crazy, but I really like these ones. If you can find them, I totally recommend trying them out!


Rimmel Light Beam After Dark Lip Gloss in Disco Ball, $2.00
Haha!! Look there is a light! How awesome is that?! I bought this solely because it has a light in it! The packaging is just gorgeous and it comes with a handy little mirror. It's a clear gloss with gold glitters and it smells slightly fruity/tropical. The formula is average. The best thing about it is the light! I loove it. It's so entertaining. I'm going to be so disappointed when the battery dies.


Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup in Honey Beige. $4.99
I hate when you can't actually see the product before purchasing it. It's soooo dark. I can't wear this. When a face product has a number I'm usually a 01-03 but 06 is the lightest shade they had at Big Lots. I used this product back in high school and I loved its full coverage, unfortunately I can't use this unless I get an orange spray tan. But it's another product I used to pay over $10.00 for.

Then I went to Kmart to check out the ELF display...


ELF Eye Brightening eyeshadow quad in Butternut, $1.00
Ahh these colors are sooo pretty. I have seen this quad used in quite a few different looks so I decided to pick it up. The few times I have used it I feel like it's quite a bit more matte than I was expecting but we will see. As you can see in the swatches these are very pretty and pigmented shades.

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Midnight and Coffee, $1.00 each
So my biggest disappointment with the trip to Kmart is that the ELF display was horrid. Half the products were crunched or ripped open and all of the liquid eyeshadows were completely dried out. Who does that!!?? Why don't they take down all the ruined and opened products?! I was hoping my lovely eyeliner pens would be the exception but the Midnight blue shade is almost dried out.... :( I was so disappointed.

Then my hubby let me pick out some fun perfumes for my birthday.
(Left to Right)
Paris Hilton, no clue what the name is. It's a girly floral scent.
Jessica Simpson Fancy, a warm musky almost vanilla brown sugar-y scent.
Guess, again no clue what the name is. This one is similar to the Paris Hilton scent but it's very alcohol-y at first. I have to put it on, not breathe for a second, and then I smell great!

Then I stopped at Rite Aid...
Jesse's Girl Eye Dust in Pixie Dust, $3.99
Oh my goodness, I love this stuff. It's ridiculously shimmery. It's not a very practical shade for everyday use, but I use it every chance I get. The way to my heart is with glitter.


Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeliner in Amethyst, $0.99
I have had a really hard time wearing pencil liners ever since I started using my ELF eyeliner pens but I couldn't resist this shade of purple. I was not disappointed. The shade is sooo pretty and it's decent lasting as well. I can't wait to try more of these Coloricon eyeliners.

And finally I went to the dollar store to see what I could find.
L.A. Colors Color Craze nail polish, $1.00

Okay how pretty are these colors?! The blue and plum are my favorite. I didn't realize how frosty the yellow was going to turn out so I don't like it as much but the other two are just the prettiest colors! I love these L.A. Colors nail polishes. I have 5 now!


Healing Waters body lotion in Hydrangea and Coconut Lime, $1.00
So I'm pretty sure this is just a random dollar store brand but I got them but they smelled amazing so I decided to give them a shot. The coconut lime smells soo yummy! The bottles are really big too, I'm so glad I got these.
Well that's all for now! I have my birthday haul coming up next and I got a ton of WnW stuff! I'm so excited to show you guys.
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment