Friday, September 17, 2010

The things that happen while I wait for my prescription to be filled...

I must occupy my time with hair, body, and beauty products of course. To be honest I only picked up a few things, so I thought I would do a quick post to show you!
St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control, $2.97
This is my second bottle of this scrub since St. Ives re-did the packaging of and expanded the line of their apricot scrubs. I keep it in the shower and use it 2-3 time a week. I start out scrubbing my face and use the excess in my hands and off my face to scrub my neck, shoulders, and chest. I consider exfoliation to be a really important step in my own skincare routine and St. Ives makes great affordable and effective scrubs.

Nivea body Happy Sensations daily lotion in Bamboo Extract & Orange Blossom scent w/ free travel-size Touch of Happiness moisturizing body wash

(Please notice the orange fluff in the background who was just so interested in everything going on, meet Tigger)
Originally $6.40, minus $3.00 coupon = Final price $3.40 (Plus an additional trial size body wash!!)
I have never tried this lotion before and to be honest I haven't heard anything about it either but I got a great coupon and I have always been impressed with my Nivea purchases so I'm hoping this will be about the same! :) What I can tell you is about the scent. Normally I don't chose anything orange scented but from some reason this stuff doesn't bother me. When I first put it on it gives off two smells. From a distant (only about a foot or so) it smells sweet and citrus-y. When I bring my hands right to my nose it is pure sitting in the grass during half time at my 8 year old self''s soccer game eating orange slices. That is the smell I love. After a while it smells more like an orange-vanilla combo. Boy, that was complicated. At least it was complicated in a good-smelling way.

N.Y.C. Long Wearing nail polish in (Left to Right) Starry Silver and Skin Tight Denim
Retail Value: $0.98 each
Minus BOGO FREE coupon: $0.49 each
Okay how cool are these colors?! The navy blue is gorgeous and I'm so excited to use the stars and glitter. I think this will make a great pedicure combo!


Curious by Britney Spears with an additional rollerball version of the perfume, $20.00
This was my first perfume I ever had when I was 15 and it was just a little 0.10 oz. bottle so when I saw the full 1.0 oz. bottle with a free rollerball for such a good price I knew I had to get it! I love this fragrance but I can't for the life of me describe it... so I'm getting it straight from http://www.britneyspearsbeauty.com/

"An exhilarating white floral wrapped in the sensuality of vanilla-infused musk. Scent "ingredients" include: Louisiana magnolia, golden anjou pear, lotus flower, star jasmine, pink cyclamen, rich creamy sandalwood, radiant blonde woods. "

To me, most of that means nothing. The best I can say is if this musky floral fragrance was a nail polish it would be a rich burgundy pink and not the bubblegum pink you expect from most floral. Actually I'm quite proud of that comparison... then again I can actually smell the perfume.

Well that's everything I got on my trip to Walmart, I really shouldn't be left alone when there are beauty products to be purchased.

Oh yeah, and one last thing...

Because Thing 1 got to make an appearance and they are both too curious for their own good, I give you Thing 2, my fat kitten Ford, also trying to help me take pictures for the blog.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment