Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Top 10 eyeshadows

Today I'm talking about my current top 10 favorite eyeshadows! I sat down in front of all my eyeshadows and pulled out the first 10 that really stood out as ones I have been using the most or play around with the most. These aren't brand new shadows or the most popular or what magazines are saying are the most popular trends, they are just the shadows I am really into.

These are listed in no particular order


Coastal Scents 88 shimmer eyeshadow palette, $19.95


This one shouldn't come as a surprise. I love the variety of colors, their blendability, and pigmentation. The thing I love most, SHIMMER! The colors are so shimmery. Every single shade is so incredibly shimmery. There is nothing that attracts me more to an eyeshadow than sparkle, shimmer, and shine.

The palette is $19.95 for 88 colors, which if you ask me, is a great price. I can't wait to try more of these palettes.


e.l.f. custom eyes shadow single in golden glow, $1.00


I love e.l.f. shadows but for some reason their custom eyes line of shadows is extra lovely. They are extremely soft and pigmented. This is the most pigmented gold shadow I have ever used and I absolutely adore it. The tiniest swipe with a brush gets a huge amount of product that goes all over the lid. I love this stuff. I really want all of the colors in this line. What's great is they come in these small circular pans and you can order the magnetic compact for $1.00 and make your own palette of shadows. I'm ordering at least 4 and the compact in my next e.l.f. haul... whenever that might be. If you have read my earliest posts you know I went through a period of extreme "e.l.f.-ing" and I think my husband is trying to ban me from it. (Little does he know, it can't be done, bahaha!)

Jesse's girl loose powder in Pixie Dust, $3.99


The glitter of all glitters. I love love love this stuff. So it's a loose shadow which can get messy if your not careful, but when you are careful it can turn out to be some of the most pigmented shadow ever. Obviously this is a bit dramatic for everyday use, but it's a great highlight, perfect for the inner corner, and did I mention the most shimmery glittery eyeshadow I have ever seen. You really have to click on the above picture to get the semi-full effect (to truly get the full effect you have to see it in person!!).

L.A. Colors metallic shadows in Tease, $1.50


So before I had my coastal scents palette these were my only brightly colored shadows. They are really great because they are slightly sheer which makes them more practical for everyday. The only place in my town which sells LA Colors has a very limited selection, I hope I can find somewhere near by selling these products because I think they are an awesome purchase.

Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad in Midnight, price unknown

I bought this eyeshadow 3 or 4 years ago, but Revlon still makes these palettes so you can find them at your local drugstore I just don't happen to know the price. I love palettes like these with all the shades needed for the perfect smokey eye all in one place. I learned how to do smokey eyes with this palette and I still love using it. Surprisingly, none of these colors have even the least bit of shimmer. I guess 1 or 2 matte shades can be nice to have.

Revlon Soft on the Eyes sheer loose powder in Head in the Clouds, Sale price of $2.00


I got these at Big Lots and I think stores like that are going to be the only place you can find these. They are SUPER sheer loose shadows and I love them. (I feel like I am describing everything with "I love..." but I am talking about my favorites!) I like these for days when I just want the lightest bit of color on my eyes. You can make them a lot more pigmented by applying them with a damp brush. I find that can also help with the staying power if you aren't going to use a primer. I think everyone needs a few pastel colored shadows, they are so soft and pretty.

Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeshadow single in Penny, $1.99


The name for this shade is totally perfect. I can't think of a better way to describe. It's mostly copper but it has golden, sometimes the lightest green, all throughout it. It's shimmery but not sparkley. It's beautiful combined with other colors or just by itself. It obviously has the great pigmentation and lasting power of all of WnW's coloricon shadows, but this shade is one of a kind.
Wet n Wild Coloricon eyeshadow trio in Don't Steal My Thunder, $2.99

The allstar of this palette is the silver shade at the bottom. The swatch on my finger is so accurate. This stuff is like foil! I used all 3 of these with a lavender shade and made a really pretty purple smokey eye. And if you're a smokey eye novice, you can't beat the location for the shade pressed right into the powder, how convenient!

Wet n Wild Idol Eyes creme eyeshadow stick in Pixie, $1.99


I use this as a highlight on my brown bone, in the inner corner, and on my waterline. Because it is so bright and shimmery it really brightens up my eyes. I haven't been able to figure out if it can sharpened for more use or if what you see is all there is... something tells me there isn't any more product other than what is showing... If that is the case, I don't think I will re-purchase this. The product is wonderful, but the amount of product would kind of stink if that's all there was. I will keep my fingers crossed for more.

Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions palette in Sand Castle, $4.99

My most favorite Wet n Wild purchase ever. This palette is one I think every girl should have. It's everything you need for a glamorous bronze-y brownish gold smokey eye. Plus each color can be used on it's own. And if you want a more natural smokey eye you can use one of the side colors as your all over lid color and then accent with one of the center colors. I really wish everyone could have this palette, the product and colors are amaazinngg!
So there you have it, my current favorite eyeshadows. I hope I did bore you with phrases like "I love" and "so shimmery." What can I say, I love shimmery eyeshadows that are also easy to use a super affordable.
What are your favorite eyeshadows? Have you tried any of my favorites? How did they work for you? Did any of them not work for you? Please leave your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment