Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Everyday Hair Products

Happy Wednesday!
I hope you are all doing fantastic. I was brainstorming blog ideas at work today and realized I haven't ever posted about hair products so I thought I would start with the ones I use on a daily basis. So here we go!
Shampoo and Conditioner
Herbel Essences tousle me softly "for a tousled look"
Scent: Wild Violet&Pomegranate
Size: 23.7 FL OZ LIQ.

Shampoo says "Get a perfect start to an imperfect look. I'm tousled hair's first love with a refreshing cleaning. My formula, infused with extracts of wild violet and pomegranate, smells extra luscious and leave you with a strong urge to tousle. For even more toss and turn, try my conditioner."

Conditioner says: "If success = sexy mess, then let your locks go loose and beg to be touched. I give your hair the conditioning goodness to tousle away with protection from styling damage. My formula, infused with wild violet and pomegranate helps keep each strand soft, tangle-free, frizz-less, and virtually perfect so the only thing left to do is mess it up."

I have used Herbel Essences off and on my whole life. However, this is the first time I have used this particular product. I have been using them for a few months now and I loooove them! I always shower at night and go to bed with slightly damp hair because 1. I'm not a morning person so I try to have to the least amount of things to do in the morning so I can sleep longer and 2. I have chest length wavy hair that, combined with this S&C, waves perfectly if it has all night to dry in all the weird positions I sleep. No matter what my hair will be wavy if I go to bed with it wet, but if I use this S&C it's sleeker and prettier waves. I love how these products smell too. I'm a sucker for anything pomegranate.

Once I'm out of the shower I use...
Leave-in Conditioner
Garnier Fructis Leave-in Conditioning Cream for Sleek & Shine
"Smooths hair for long-lasting frizz control"
Scent: No clue. It's the Garnier Fructis smell that all their products have.
Size: 10.2 FL OZ

They say: Conditioners improve texture, moisturize, and soften hair. Smooths hair from root to tip and works to defend against humidity. Helps tame frizz so hair stays sleek all day.

I heard about this over on YouTube from Barbieamazing. This is the first time I have ever used a leave-in conditioner but so far I love it. I really notice a difference in the softness of my hair. I just take a quarter-size amount in the palm of my hand and run my hands through my hair from about ear level down. I try to avoid the roots because I don't want to weigh my hair down. I have been using this for about 3 weeks now and I love it! I have noticed it makes the bigger impact when I am going to be straightening my hair than when I do my beachy wavy hair.

Next I use...
Mousse
Herbel Essences Body Envy Volumizing mousse
"50% more volume"
Scent: Sunset Citrus Fragrance (I don't know what that is supposed to mean lol but it smells good. It doesn't have a chemically smell.)
Size: 6.8 OZ

They say: Live it up with my weightless, body-boosting formula fused with white nectarine & pink coral flower. It will give your style a lift and hold it free and full all day long.
I always use a volumizing mousse. I have for years. I got into the habit when I chopped all my hair into an A-line bob a few years ago. I love the extra boost it gives my hair. Especially since I can't back-comb my hair to save my life (and make it look good). This particular kind works as good as any kind I have tried. I chose this one because I had the coordinating body envy S&C and deciding I might as well use all of the same kind. I can't think of anything super unique about this one brand but it does work so I will probably keep re-purchasing until I come across another brand that catches my eye.

Hairspray
Herbel Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray
"Don't let humidity get your hair down"
Scent: Sunset Citrus Fragrance
Size: 8 OZ


They say: You just hold up full and shiny with a lush finish because of my weightless formula fused with white nectarine and pink coral flower.

Again, I bought this because I was already purchasing the S&C and Mousse. But I'm really glad I did because I love this hair spray. I find it to be really versatile. A few spritzes around my hair and it helps my beachy waves last all day without looking or feeling crunchy but it also gives amazing hold if I'm attempting to back-comb, do a pouf, or use a curling iron. It still smells alcohol-y like all hairspray but I'd say this is a step up from alcohol.
And if I'm straightening, curling, or blow-drying (none of which I do very often when my hair is so long because it styles itself in my sleep)

Heat Protectant
V05 Miracle Mist Conditioning Heat Protection
"This mist can take the heat"
Scent: It's not fragrance free but it doesn't have a real smell.
Size: 5.1 FL OZ


They say: Conditioning formula protects from heat damage to create healthy styles alive with movement. Locks in styles when used with flat irons or blow dryers.

I had had this spray for like 2 years and I just went to the V05 website to get more information about the product and it wasn't there... I did find it on amazon though. I don't know if they stopped manufacturing this or if their website is just stupid (which might actually be the case). Any heat protect spray would work though. I think it's really important to use some kind of heat protectant, especially if heated styling tools are something you use often.

So those are my everyday products. Of course I have other products that I use from time to time but when it comes to the these I reach for most these are the ones.

I hope you enjoyed!

What do you use in your hair everyday? Have you tried any of these products? What was your opinion?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment