Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rust

Hi ladies!

A month or so ago I watched a video on YouTube about www.porkdaisy.com
which is a discount cosmetic website that sells mostly NYX cosmetics.
I have been craving more Jumbo Eye Pencils since I purchased Milk this past January
This website offered them for $1.00 or so cheaper and then 20% on top of that along with $2.75 for shipping {which is awesome}
I was comparing their prices to a few other websites that sell the Jumbo Eye Pencils and www.porkdaisy.com was the best deal. Unfortunately, I ended up ordering four of the same shade and it shipped the next day so I didn't have time to contact their customer service. To return it I would have to pay return shipping and then shipping again to send the right colors to me. That much shipping would defeat the purpose of the cheap prices.
So, I'm going to show you the one color I ended up with.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Rust




I'm quite pleased with the color even if it's not an everyday color. It's a purply reddish brown. It makes a great base for a purple or brown smoky eye.
If you haven't used or aren't familiar with the NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils, they are somewhere between a pencil and a cream eyeshadow. They blend out super easily on your eye lid and provide a great base for your powder shadows. Not only do they help extend the life of your powder shadow throughout the day but they also amp up the color and pigmentation of your shadow.
They are a really great product and even if you don't want to go hunting online to find the cheapest price, their regular retail is like $4.50.


I'm disappointed I didn't get the other three colors I meant to put in my cart and instead ended up with four of Rust. But the prices were cheap, shipping was cheaper, and shipping was really quick.
At least I got one pretty color :)



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment