Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Review: Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening Mascara

About a month ago I was looking for a blue mascara for something going on at work. I don't wear colored mascara on a daily basis (or ever) so I needed to pick one up from Walmart on my way home from work.
I ended up going with this Hard Candy Lash Call Lengthening mascara in Peacock


It was only $5.00 or $6.00 and the only brand I could find at the time with colored mascara.
I wasn't concerned about how lengthening or volumizing it was going to be for my lashes, I just wanted bright blue eyelashes!


The wand if kind of weird compared to regular mascara. It's really long, skinny, straight, and the bristles are tiny! It was weird to use and felt awkward trying to coat all my lashes.

The color is really pretty and I was so happy it swatched as bright as the bottle.

Unfortunately the formula was really runny which I had never experienced with a mascara before. I tried it on the night before I was going to wear it and you couldn't even tell my lashes were blue! They still looked black. Even though the color swatched so brightly on my skin, it was thin that I couldn't get enough to actually show up. I decided to wear it anyways the next day and put on like 4 coats so my lashes had a hint of blue. The mascara was so uncomfortable on my lashes. It dried really hard and crunchy.
The worst part about the mascara though?
Half way through the day I went in the bathroom to check my mascara and the ends of my lashes were curling the wrong direction!!!
How does that even happen!?
I wish I had gotten a picture to show you guys because it was the weirdest thing I had ever seen. The ends of my top lashes weren't curling up towards my eyebrows they were curling over backwards if that makes sense...
Let me illustrate

It was disturbing. I have never worn this mascara again and now that I have done this post I am going to go throw it away. I realize not everyone buys colored mascara but Hard Candy also makes this in black and brown. I would hate for someone to get sucked in by cute packaging to land themselves with a crappy mascara (Just described me, completely.)

The formula, the wand, and the crazy eyelash side effects make this mascara a huge THUMBS DOWN!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment