Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mini Walmart Haul {mostly hair products}

I ran out of quite a few things for my hair all at once and needed to make a few purchases. Here is what I ended up with....


Aussie Cleanse and Mend Conditioner, $4.84
I rarely re-purchase the same shampoo and conditioner. I was in no mood to be shopping this afternoon when I was so I just picked up the first thing that stood out to me. I wasn't in need to shampoo yet so I only purchased the conditioner. If I decide I like it, I will probably get the shampoo. I feel like I am going to have this bottle forever, it's so huge!

John Frieda Precision Foam Colour in Dark Golden Blonde, $11.97 each

Ever since I moved to this small town I have had such a hard time with my hair. Bad hair cuts, average color jobs, over priced average hair cuts, etc. I find myself going 6 months to a year between hair cuts because I bounce from salon to salon trying to find someone I like to do my hair. Then I spend most of the year with overgrown hair and glaringly obvious roots. It's a vicious cycle. I decided even though my hair is ridiculously too long right now, I'm going to put off the hair dresser and take care of the color issues myself and get my color closer to my natural shade so there isn't so much upkeep when I don't have anyone to do the upkeeping.
I have a whole lot of hair on this head of mine and struggle with coloring every hair on my head. I went with a foam formula because the commercials make it look so much easier to apply all through the hair. {Isn't that always the case?!} I will definitely take some before and after pictures and let you know what I think of this whole foam craze. 

Suave Professionals Vibrant Shine spray with light mineral bursts, $2.74 (FREE w/ coupon)


I had a coupon for a free styling product from Suave's new professionals line. I really had no clue what to get and decided to grab this shine spray because I have never used a shine spray before. It wasn't until I got home that I was able to figure out what Light Mineral Bursts are. The spray has fine shimmer in it, which is silly, but I believe that's what they are referring to.

Goody Ouchless hair ties in Java Bean, $3.74


How hilarious is it that even the hair ties have a color name. I found it so amusing. I always seem to lose my elastics like no ones business. I was down to my last elastic when it broke and I had to tie the two ends together and use it all weekend. It was time for new ones.


Goody Blonde Bobbies, 48 pk $3.24, 26 pk $2.66

I have never noticed that the package calls these bobbies instead of bobby pins. I love it and plan to call these bobbies from now on. I prefer to buy the blonde bobbies just because I like the way they blend in with my hair better. I decided to try the mini bobbie for when I'm just putting my bangs back or pinning a small braid.

Pond's Wet Cleansing Towelettes in Evening Soothe (30 pk) and Morning Refresh (5 pk), $5.27 

This was the only non-hair related product I bought. I have run out of makeup remover wipes again and didn't love my Neutrogena Hydrate wipes enough to re-purchase them. I swear I have tried almost every kind of makeup wipes and I don't like any of them enough to re-purchase them. I don't know how I ended up with these ones, I mean Pond's?! seriously. I don't know. It seemed an odd selection but I was feeling desperate and not in the mood to read every package of makeup remover wipes. These had alcohol and fragrance low on the ingredients so I went with them. I hope they work out well. I will keep you posted.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment