Saturday, March 5, 2011

What's for lunch?

Once upon a time....
the mister and I had big plans to wake up early
go grocery shopping
be all productive and such

it didn't happen. it's Saturday. what can I say.

since I wasn't rushing out the door to do anything I decided to make myself a delicious lunch
I had boneless skinless chicken breast marinating in the fridge
what was it marinating in you ask?
water, oil, vinegar, and a little seasoning packet that was
garlic rosemary herb wine somethingorother
so I wrapped it up in foil and popped it in the oven at 400 degrees
while that was cooking I steamed broccoli with butter and freshly ground pepper
(love you peppermill thing)
I cooked angel hair pasta
and got the idea to make corn muffins with a corn bread mix I had in the cupboard
thanks Betty
so I mixed them up real quick (seriously so quick)
and put them in the oven for 15 minutes (at 400 degrees, what a lucky coincidence)

When everything was done cooking I mixed the angel hair and broccoli with 1/8 cup alfredo sauce

And here's what I ended up with....



In case you were wondering
Lunch was delicious
and I'm so full.

nom nom nom

Happy lunch time (:

No comments:

Post a Comment