Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's for dinner?

I made lasagna a week ago and had no clue what to do with the left over ricotta cheese. The only other thing I could think of was stuffed pasta shells, so stuffed pasta shells I made.

While boiling the shells for 14 minutes, I made a mixture of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, garlic, Italian seasoning, basil, and egg. I drizzled a thin layer of Bertoli pasta sauce in the bottom of the cake pan and filled each shell with a spoonful of the mixture (about 1/8 cup). Once the stuffed shells were all arranged in the pan I drizzled more sauce over top and finished it off with mozzarella cheese.



I cooked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered.



I served them with a simple cesaer salad.
Yum!
I had a lot of fun cooking these. They were quick and easy. But most of all, they were something new. I love trying out new recipes on my little guinea pig...

Happy eating

No comments:

Post a Comment