Saturday, March 12, 2011

NOTD: NYC Long Wearing Nail Enamel in Wing It Wine Creme (121)

Hey Ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I painted my nails Thursday night and haven't been able to stop looking at them since so I decided to do a Nail Of The Day post.
I bought this polish months ago but I can't recall ever actually wearing it (oops!) but boy am I glad that I did because I totally love it....


That picture is not totally accurate of the color. I feel like the bottle is spot on but the nails are coming off way wrong. There is so much more gold and champagne to it.

The only way I could capture the gold and champagne was without a flash which resulted in poor quality pictures... so please forgive :)




Those are much more accurate but there really is no good way to capture this shade because it looks different at every angle. Mauve, purple, gold, pink, copper, champagne. In some lights it makes me think of a brand new penny. I love it!

As far as the polish itself goes, the pictures above have 3 coats. I did 2 coats on Thursday and then did another coat this morning. I haven't experienced any chipping yet (without a top coat... I'm too impatient to wait for something else to dry) but my experience with these NYC polishes is that I can get 3 perfect days without a top coat and no chipping. Considering it was a measly $0.98 and I enjoy painting my nails, that's a perfect number of days.

I feel like I read somewhere that this shade is being discontinued... did I make that up or is it true? Anyone know?
I hope not because the color is gorgeous.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment