Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mini Walmart Haul

Once upon a time, I went grocery shopping at Walmart on my way home from work. Before going inside I was sorting through my coupons to make sure no good deals were missed and I came across a few makeup coupons I just had to use.

And that is how this haul was born.




Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Nostalgia $4.97-$1.00 OFF= $3.97
I'm a little obsessed with lipstick and I love Rimmel because they are good quality for low prices. This is a bright pink with a hint of coral which will be perfect for spring/summer.


Wet n Wild Fast Dry nail color in Buffy the Violet Slayer and Gray's Anatomy, $1.68 each
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail color in Mellow Yellow, $2.00
I didn't have coupons for any of these, I just wanted them.
Actually let me tell you the story of the WnW polishes...
I was on like the cereal aisle and discarded onto a shelf was one of the new WnW ColorIcon trios. I snatched it up and I'm pretty sure I gasped out loud, literally. I took off across the store to the makeup sections and there in all its glory were all of the new nail polishes, eyeshadow trios, and as I continued making my way up the display I saw the place for the 8-pan eyeshadows. Unfortunately they only had Blue Had Me At Hello which is of course the only one I didn't want. They had spots for Petal Pusher and Comfort Zone but instead of those palettes they had tons of the old WnW Ultimate Expressions palettes. I can't wait for them to put the new palettes on display, I will be snatching those up so quick!


L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional primers in Anti-Redness and Anti-Dull Skin
$9.47-$3.00 OFF=$6.47 each
So after getting home with these it occurred to me I had no clue how to use them or what in the world an Anti-Dull primer is. I went to the L'Oreal website and got the explanation above. I look forward to trying the Anti-Redness primer because I have major issues with red blotchy skin. After reading their description for the Anti-Dull primer I don't believe I need it. I guess these primers are more of an either/or kind of product. You either need to cancel out redness from your face or add some color to face.. I bought both. Fail. Oh well, I have wanted them for so long that when I found them for so cheap at walmart+the coupons I was able to get both of these for the price of 1.

Anti-Redness - not blended in so you can see the color and texture

Anti-Dullness- not blended in so you can see the color and texture



I admit these were all impulse purchases but I like to think of them as my husband's payment to me for not making him go grocery shopping! (Does he know he "pays" me? No. But a girl has got to have some secrets. Mine are just in the form of Walmart cosmetics!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment