Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TAG: Love It or Leave It

Hey everyone! I'm back with a Tag today. This time it's Love it or Leave it talking about my favorite and least favorite products in every category.


Eyeliner:
Love it: e.l.f. Waterproof Eyeliner Pen:

I have said it a million times, but these are Ah-mazing! They are long long lasting, but easy to remove with makeup remover. They are only $1.00 and their quality is outstanding. The pen form makes it so easy for anyone to use liquid liner. I love these!!! Ohmygosh, you better believe if I ever do a Give-A-Way it will include those liners!

Leave it: CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus:

My life was a black hole of sadness when I used these, oh wait that was just my eyes. I have never used an eyeliner that smudged and ran like this stuff. Ridiculous. Seriously, I hate this stuff. When I was putting this eyeliner on my bottom lash line, it would smudge down under my eyes before I finished my makeup. I was always wiping under my eyes so I didn't have big black circles that by 10:00am my eyeliner was gone.

Mascara:
Love it: Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender:

Another product I feel like I talk about allll the time. I like the way it separates my lashes and makes them so long. I totally recommend this product!!

Leave it: Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express Diamonds:

I was using this mascara at the same time I was using the aforementioned AWFUL eyeliner, which makes me dislike it even more. I love the giant brush and I loved the way it make my eyelashes look so thick and luscious. The reason I will never repurchase any of the Colassal Volum' Express mascaras is because they flake soo bad. Every single time I wore this, without fail, I would get a million black flakes under my eyes. I have never experienced that with a mascara before. It drove me crazy.

Eyeshadow:
Love it: Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions Palette :

I love this palette and use it almost everyday because of the variety of colors, pigmentation, smooth soft texture, super blendability, and the colors are so shimmery and beautiful. I can do so many looks with this palette, I love it. Hands down, my favorite eyeshadow I own.

Leave it: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Color Smokes Eye Shadow:

This shadow is pretty much the opposite of my WnW palette. These shadows are hard, lack pigmentation, difficult to blend, and overall a pain to use. The colors look so pretty in the palette but are totally different when I try to use them. Maybe I was unlucky with the one I purchased but I can't imagine being persuaded to purchase them again.

Foundation:
Love it: Almay TLC truly lasting color 16 Hour Makeup:

I really hated this stuff for the first year I had it but I think that's because I didn't really give it a chance after the first time I used it (which was on my wedding day and it didn't go well. Luckily I had back up foundations! You can imagine my frustration with it though when it didn't perform well on that kind of day, I was not very forgiving of the product lol). I love it now though. It's so smooth and blends really well. I don't know if it lasts 16 hours though, mostly because I don't think I have worn it for that long. I should try that. Either way, I love this foundation.

Leave it: Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact makeup:

This foundation has a similar texture to fudge. Who wants to wear fudge on their face, right? It's super thick and heavy and beyond full coverage. To be honest, I don't think there is a better way to describe it than fudge. That's it. This is fudge foundation.

Powder:
Love it: CoverGirl freshcomplexion Pocket Powder:

My favorite powder. This powder sets my foundation so nicely. It's very smooth and goes on great with the sponge it comes with or a powder brush, I love it. I love how well it keeps my oily skin looking matte.

Leave it: Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Powder:

I actually repurchased this 3 or 4 times but after the initial infatuation wore off I realized how much I didn't like this foundation. I had a really hard time finding a shade to match my skin and it always looked kinda blotchy on my skin... Plus I felt like a lot of it would get wasted as it is a loose powder and can be difficult to work with.

Concealer:
Love it: Maybelline Cover Stick Corrector Concealer:

I have been using this for a couple weeks and I love the coverage it gives to blemishes. I have been disappointed in it for my under eye circles, but for my blemishes it's great. I find it to be quite long lasting and creamy without looking cakey.

Leave it: Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfecting Concealer:
It's been quite a few months since I last used this concealer so I used it this morning before choosing it as my Leave It but it totally is. This concealer settles into creases and lines on my skin and looks very cakey over and around blemishes.

Blush:
Love it: Revlon Golden Affair:

I have had this blush for years and I just have to thank my 16/17 year old self for buying this blush because even though I hate it then I looove it now! It was too dark for me back then and not what I was into but I love this rose colored blush. It's so soft, pigmented, and blends in like a dream. I love it. It also has the slightest hint of shimmer to it, which you know I love.
Leave it: Maybelline Expert Wear:

I find this blush to be way to hard and sheer. I have such a hard time getting this blush on my brush and it's so sheer I don't see it at all. Very frustrating blush...

Bronzer:
Love it: N.Y.C. Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder:

Everyones favorite drugstore bronzer, I know. But it truly is fantastic. It gives a beautiful healthy glow and for the price, you can't beat it at the drugstore.

Leave it: L'Oreal Glam Bronze:

I think I understand why this was on clearance... it's not shimmery, it's glittery. Big huge chunks of glitter. Not attractive or practical over age 12. I wouldn't say it's as hard as the Maybelline blush mentioned above, but it's definitely close. Not easy to work with and waay to glittery.

Lipstick:
Love it: Revlon Super Lustrous:

The packaging of this lipstick as far as drugstore goes, is my favorite. It's very classy and of good quality. The lipstick itself is very creamy and long lasting. I love the variety of colors as well. There are colors for every occasion, skin color, and preference. I love it. I think these are fabulous.
Leave it: N.Y.C. "Rose Gold" Lipstick:

I listed a specific shade because I don't necessarily dislike all the the N.Y.C. lipsticks but this one in particular really bothers me. The color is pretty and the quality is what you would expect from a cheap lipstick, but the gold glitter makes it gritty. I can't stand products that are gritty, especially one that is going to go on my lips where the skin is already so sensitive.

Lipgloss:
Love it: NYC ‘Liquid Lip Shine’:

I own more shades of these glosses than any other product. I seriously don't think I have gone back to buy more shades of the same product before like I do with this one. They are soooo smooth and not sticky at all. They come in a variety of shades, levels of pigmentation, shimmer/glitter. I mean there is so much to choose from. I love them. And they are soo inexpensive. I love them. Writing this makes me want to go buy more!
Leave it: Almay Pure Blends:

Another product I can understand why it was on clearance. This gloss smells like play dough. It's such a strong, strange, salty, playdough scent. It's awful. And when you squeeze the tube to get some product out,

Lipbalm:
Love it: Nivea A Kiss of Flavor:

I have this is Strawberry which gives my lips a gorgeous sheer red tint. It's very moisturizing and the scent is so deliciously strawberry. I also purchase the Kiss of Smoothness lipbalm but I just discovered the Kiss of Flavor and had to choose it instead. I love tinted lipbalms.
Leave it: Wet n Wild Natural Wear:

Oh WnW, I love your products so much, and then you make this and I kind of hated you a little bit. It's terrible quality and it's so gritty because of all the glitter in it.

I tag everyone reading this, let me know below what your love it and leave it products are!

xoxo














































































No comments:

Post a Comment