Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mini Walmart Haul... again!

I am pretty sure I went to Walmart 4 times this week... and every time I went I bought something else from the makeup section. Now that it's the end of the week I have accumulated quite a few new things to share with you...

eos Lip Balm in Summer Fruit, $2.50

Okay seriously, if you haven't tried this stuff you NEED to! It's affordable, organic, and so cute!
The ingredients are 95% organic and 100% natural. They come in a variety of flavors, including this fruity one I picked up which contains actual fruit extracts in it. It has a very smooth and moisturizing formula. But hands down, my favorite thing about it is it's shape! When was the last time you used or even saw an egg shaped lip balm?! It's unique and totally genius.

Maybelline Colorsensational lip stain in In The Buff, $6.00

Turns out I either have no clue what a lip stain marker is supposed to be like or I have the worst luck buying them. My CoverGirl lip stain was dried out after the first use and almost impossible to use. Now this one is too. Do you see how in the picture the tip of the marker is lighter and white-ish? It's because it's all dry!! Does this happen to everyone, or just me? I'm very disappointed. It's such a pretty pink/nude shade. I was looking for my everyday lip stain color.. I found it... I just can't use it :(

Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Light Blonde, $6.00

I have heard fabulous things about this brow pencil on various blogs and I feel like a pencil would be easier for a brow filling newbie such as myself. I will review this later if anyone wants, but not until I get a chance to really give it a shot and see what I think.

Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara in Extreme Black, Original $7.50, minus $3.00 of coupon, Total: $4.50

I was trying to decide between the this and the Maybelline Falsies, clearly I went with this. (Although, if you do want the falsies they are $5.00 at Walmart). The formula seems really really smooth as I open the bottle and pull the wand out. I haven't used it yet but I look forward to trying out this new mascara. I have heard the ingredients don't actually do anything as far as growing longer lashes but if it's a good mascara regardless then I don't really care if it doesn't make my lashes miraculously grow a mile.

NYC Smooth Skin loose face powder in Translucent, $3.89

I have been eyeing this at Walmart for quite some time but I always told myself it was going to be cheap and poor quality but I saw a Youtube Guru (I can't remember which one, sorry!) talking about it and said it was a great translucent finishing powder so I couldn't resist and here it is.

Nail Polish!
(Left to Right) N.Y.C. Long-Wearing in Plaza Plumberry $0.98, Revlon in Vixen originally $3.00 minus $1.00 off coupon Total: $2.00, Pure Ice in Rio $2.50


I don't know what's with me, but I'm addicted to nail polish lately. I'm really not that talented when it comes to nail polish, I can't do any designs and it's usually a little rough around the edges, but lately I'm so obsessed with getting dark nail polishes for Fall/Winter. (Because it's pretty much winter already where I am, lame!) But anyways I just love this NYC plaza plumberry. It shows up so dark on my nails but I think it is so pretty anyways! I'm really getting hooked on these Revlon nail polishes, and they are SO affordable! I had no idea they were so cheap. My Walmart has each brand's nail polish on the very bottom shelf so I never see them. Up until like 2 weeks ago I didn't even know my Walmart carried Maybelline and Revlon nail polishes because they are so out of the way and hidden. Anyways, this vixen red is so pretty, I love it!! I'm wearing it on my nails now and I just love the dark dark red. And finally, Pure Ice Rio which I did not buy for it's Fall coloring like I did the others, because clearly it is not a typical Fall color. No I bought it for the glitter!! How cool does that blue glitter look against the hot pink!! I love it!! It is slightly sheer though, so you have to do a couple coats.

Well those are all my fun goodies for now.

Look!!

I checked the FedEx tracking on my e.l.f. order yesterday and it shows it was delivered yesterday at 9:40am which means it's sitting in my landlord's mail box and I don't know when I will see it :( I had something like this happen at my last apartment and my landlord didn't check her mail for 10 days and the post office returned my package to e.l.f.! It was such a disaster, I sure hope this doesn't happen again. I wish I could just go break into their mail box and get it right now!! haha okay that's a bit extreme but I'm just so excited!

Have you tried any of the products I bought or bought some fun things lately too? Let me know below!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment