Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mascara Collection

Sorry for my absence and lack of posts lately. I have been out of it but I'm excited to have new things to bring to you guys so I hope you forgive me and will keep coming back for more.
Today I'm talking about my mascara collection, both the ones I love and use daily and the ones that really disappointed.

Rimmel Extra Super Lash in Black

If you remember the haul post when I bought this I was not really excited for it. I didn't think it would be very good quality but I actually love it! It's my go-to mascara for a quick natural makeup look. The shape and size of the brush is also perfect. Even when I don't use this mascara on my top lashes, I will us it on my bottom lashes because it is perfect for getting the smaller/shorter lashes. I wouldn't describe it as Extra Super anything but it's very natural and keeps my lashes soft but still noticeable. At my Walmart you can get a 2-pack of these for like $5.00 and I will definitely be picking that up when this runs out because I find myself reaching for it more and more.

Rimmel Sexy Curves in Extreme Black

Can I just say I think this mascara has the weirdest wand/brush. Would someone explain to me what the point is of having it all wavy like that... I don't know. The formula of this mascara is really good, it gives a little bit of everything as far as lengthening, curling, thickening etc. I wouldn't say it's as good as using a mascara specifically made for lengthening or thickening or whatever, but I like it for days when I want more drama than my Extra Super Lash but I'm not trying to get that "false lash" look.

 Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender in Black

My dear love of a mascara! I looooove this mascara. It is so lengthening on my lashes, it's beautiful. Oh my goodness, I just think it's so great. Something about it though, I never wear it by itself, ever. I put 1 or 2 coats of this on and then I always follow it with my CG Lashblast Volume. I love the combination of the two. It's what gives me my "false lash" look. The formula and the bristles of the brush are just amazing at lengthening all my lashes.

 Maybelline Great Lash BIG Mascara in Blackest Black

I bought this when I was in between mascaras and didn't know exactly what I wanted to start using next and I knew this would be perfect for everyday use until I found something new to try. This was my first mascara and I repurchase it from time to time. It's another one of those all around good mascaras. Not fantastic at any one aspect of my lashes, but it's easy to use and it makes lashes look really pretty. You never know with all of the crazy mascaras different brands come out with if they will be any good so it's nice to know there will always be this awesome one to fall back on. One thing I don't really like and probably why I don't use it everyday is the brush is SO huge. It makes it difficult to get the corners of my lashes and can be a pain on my bottom lashes but it's not something I can't deal with every once in a while.

 Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Diamonds in Diamond Black

When I first started wearing the Colossal Volum' mascara I actually really liked it. I have used the regular and this Diamonds one. It has a super thick formula and in return made my lashes look really thick and full. Unfortunately, it was also pretty clumpy. However, that was something I could live with. What I couldn't live with and why I finally decided to stop using this is because it flakes so much. Everyday with out fail I would get tons of little black flakes underneath my eyes. Not only that but when I would take my contacts out at night, there would be at least 3 little black flakes on my contacts. It was so gross and annoying and messy and ugly. This might not be everyone's results, but for me I just couldn't handle all the flaking.

 CoverGirl Lashblast Volume in Very Black

This is my favorite volumizing mascara and it's almost always used in conjunction with my Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender. Occasionally I use it by itself or with my Rimmel Sexy Curves. I love it because it separates my lashes so well and kind of helps fan them out a little while also volumizing them.

 e.l.f. Regular&Waterproof Mascara Duo in Black

I got this mascara from Big Lots in a little pack with eyeliner and clear brow gel and bought it on a whim, just because I love e.l.f. and it was the first time I had seen them in a store and not just online. To be honest, I never use waterproof mascara, ever. I don't need waterproof mascara for everyday use, so why make it harder to take it off at night, right? But for people who are constantly using both regular and waterproof, I think is a great idea. It's very slim and perfect for keeping in your purse. As far as formula, I would say it's most similar to the Rimmel Extra Super Lash, perfect for natural everyday makeup. I was doing my sister's makeup last weekend before we went out and I wanted to do her lashes too, but obviously wasn't going to use a mascara I had already used so I used the waterproof end and it was seemed to go on really nice. I guess you would have to ask her how it felt on and all that.

 L.A. Colors Perfect Curve in Very Black

I had been so impressed with my eyeshadows and nail polishes from this brand that I thought I would branch out into their other products. But... I wasn't impressed. It has a curved brush and it's a more natural looking everyday formula. It went on pretty good, but have I mentioned I don't understand curvy mascara brushes. My problem with this mascara is after putting it on for the first time I was at work and touched my eyelashes and they were so stiff that they hurt when they were touched/moved. I couldn't stand it. So I don't use this anymore and really probably won't, but I'm a makeup hoarder and can't throw anything away.

Have you tried any of these mascaras? Were your results the same? Are there other mascaras you are using and loving? Or ones you recommend I don't waste my money on? Let me know below, I would love to hear from you!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment