Wednesday, October 20, 2010

L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

What they say: "Discover the secret to perfect skin texture...for instant smoothing results. Get the perfect skin texture instantly and all day. The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines. Skin looks and feels smoothed and resurfaced. The result- a unified matte finish that's flawless"

  I don't normally completely agree with everything a product claims to do, but I have had all the above listed results. Fabulous, right? When I first heard about this stuff, I immediately wanted it but did not want to spend $13.00 on it. I came across a really good coupon and realized it was only $10.00 at Walmart, do I decided it was the time to finally buy!
  The first thing I noticed when I got home with the product was how small of a jar it is. It's tiny. You only get 0.5 oz which is kind of ridiculous in my opinion, especially for something meant for your face and not just a tiny area like your eyelid or something. The packaging however, is a really nice glass jar. In my opinion, this is definitely higher end drugstore.
  Because this product is definitely more expensive for how much you get than what I usually spend on one item, I wanted to make sure it lasts. I wasn't completely sure how your supposed to use this, like if I should put it all over my face like a moisturizer or use a brush to put it on like concealer or what. I decided to use my finger and just lightly dab the product onto my finger and dab/smooth it onto my problem areas as far as big pores (Apples of my cheeks, nose, and chin).
  The product itself is slightly pink but goes on completely sheer, it doesn't affect the color of my skin at all. The texture is slightly spongey in the jar but is smooth once you get it on your skin. I have never used anything that was this smooth. It's almost like it's whipped or something. I don't know, but I love it. It's so luxurious.
  As far as the 0.5 oz of product goes, a little tiny dab of this product goes a really long way when you're using it as more of a spot treatment for your pores. I have been using this for like 2 or 3 weeks now and haven't even made a dent in it. I definitely feel like I am getting enough for what I paid because it lasts so long.
  The way I use this is I put it on after my moisturizer but before my foundation. Like I mentioned before, I dab it on my problem areas wherever I feel like I need it most that day, mostly cheek, nose, and chin. I see an immediate improvement when I smooth it over my giant pores, especially on nose. I think it makes the skin on my nose look flawless. After putting on the rest of my face makeup (concealer, foundation, powder, bronzer, blush) my skin looks so pretty. I think L'oreal was spot on with calling this stuff magic, because it totally is.
  I love feeling my cheeks when I'm wearing this stuff because it makes my skin sooo soft. I love it. I was a little worried my oily skin might make this hard for me to wear this, but it doesn't at all. It doesn't get cakey or look unnatural, it's just plain gorgeous. I love this product. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I see such great results that's it worth it to me.
  I totally recommend this product to anyone with fine lines or noticeable pores. It's such a great product and totally worth the time&money (not that it takes that much of either).

Have you tried this product? What were your results? Is there something else you use and get these same results? Let me know below!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment