Monday, April 21, 2014

Cook with me: Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

The other night I made philly cheesesteak inspired sandwiches for dinner and thought I'd take you along and show you how I make them. I don't have a recipe I just make them up as I go.

The ingredients...

Onion Ciabatta Kaiser rolls (or any kind of rolls or buns)
Angus Roast beef, thickly sliced
Provolone cheese (or swiss, or mozzarella, or cream cheese... whatever I have on hand)
Mushrooms
Onion
Green Bell Peppers
Worcestershire sauce
Seasonings (whatever I feel like salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, pub burger seasoning, garlic... you can really do whatever you want)

I also used olive oil to saute veggies, spray olive oil when toasting the buns, and mayo on the finished sandwiches.

1. Heat olive oil in large skillet to saute vegetables

2. While the oil heats thinly slice vegetables

3. Saute vegetables

4. While that's cooking chop up roast beef

5. When the veggies are beginning to soften and look a little like this...

6. add the roast beef

7. add the worcestershire sauce (a few tablespoons or several depending on how much you like)

8. Throw in the seasonings. (salt & pepper not pictured)

9. Mix it all up and cook on low

10. Prepare the rolls. Sometimes I use butter but this night I sprayed olive oil on them

11. Add your cheese and place in the oven just to melt the cheese and toast the bread

12. Once everything has cooked down, smells delicious, and tastes even better ('cuz I know you snitched some) it is ready!

13. Load up the buns!

14. Go crazy and add more cheese! Then stick them under the broiler for a few moments. Just long enough to melt the cheese.

And voila! Dinner is served!



I served it with Caesar salad but it would also be good with fries or fruit or both!

Enjoy!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment