Sunday, May 1, 2011

How's it going: Mario Badescu skincare samples

Hey Ladies,

I thought I would give you an update on how it's going using my Mario Badescu skin care samples (My original post is here.) I am surprised the samples have lasted this long considering I have been using them morning and night. I think I have 1 maybe 2 uses left from the Seaweed Cleansing Lotion and 2-3 uses left of the Cucumber Cream Soap. Seeing as those are the foundation of the routine, I'm looking for drugstore replacements for them so I can continue using the other great samples.

I really like how gentle and moisturizing these two products are. I think they have made the biggest difference in moisturizing my skin and ridding me of the awful peeling dry flaky skin I was suffering from for the month or two prior to using these.

Next up are the Hyaluronic Eye Cream and the Control Cream. I still have practically the entire jar left of both of these. The eye cream needs only a tiny dab to cover the whole eye area, so I think I'm set for a few more weeks. I don't see myself looking for and buying a drugstore eye cream once this is gone as I kind of think it's unnecessary. On the Mario Badescu website it says the Control Cream can be used in place of a moisturizer. Because all the products are so moisturizing I haven't needed an extra moisturizer all over my face so I focus this product on my nose, chin, and the apples of my cheeks. I get the driest and reddest there so the Control Cream works well at moisturizing and reducing redness. Multiple times after washing my face and applying the Control Cream I will see myself in a mirror a few minutes later and will notice how much healthier my skin is looking. I really love it!

I have got the least amount of use out of the Kiwi Scrub and the Azulene Calming Mask. Mostly because they aren't everyday products. In 10 days I have used the Kiwi Scrub 3 times and the Calming mask twice. I still have plenty of both products left and imagine I will get a few more weeks use out of them. As I said in my original post I don't know how much scrubbing the Kiwi Scrub actual does because there are so few seeds in there. However, I used to lose my mind if I didn't exfoliate every other day because my skin was looking so bad and I felt like there was so much dead skin build up. Now, the Kiwi Scrub every few days is sufficient and my skin stays smooth. I think I will look for a very gentle exfoliator from the drugstore to replace this product. I still don't have much of an opinion about the Azulene Calming Mask other than it feels nice on the skin, it's easy to apply and super easy to take off. My skin does look nice after I rinse it off but I wouldn't say it's anything life changing. I would like to look for a gentle, non-hardening, calming mask from the drugstore but I'd be okay if I couldn't find one.

Finally, the Drying Cream. I made the mistake of putting this on my skin one morning and I could smell it all day. That drove me nuts because it does have a hint of sulfur smell to it. I only put it on at night now. Like the other creams and such, I still have almost all of the jar left. I was about to type that I didn't think this product was doing a whole lot for me until it occurred to me that although I have been having breakouts here and there, they haven't ever really become full on blemishes and I'm attributing that wonderfullness to this cream which is meant for new blemishes still under the skin. I don't know what similar products there are like this at the drugstore that doesn't dry out of skin while drying out the blemishes but since it's a spot treatment product, it will last forever and I might purchase the real thing.

Overall, I'm really happy with these products. My skin has been really hydrated which makes my makeup apply so much better. I still get little breakouts and have clogged pores, but these products really aren't designed for acne prone skin so it's understandable. I would like to find a gentle acne cleanser to add to my routine but right now I'm okay with focusing on hydrating and reducing redness.

Mario Badescu seems like a really great skincare brand and I really recommend you go to their website and sign up to receive samples. They have such a huge selection of products for every stage, age, and skin type.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. being inspired by your samples post & your follow-up post, i just took the skin type quiz on the mario badescu website... hope i get to request samples & actually get them!! --susie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got the email for the samples! You will have to let me know which samples you get, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete