Sunday, January 2, 2011

TAG: FAQ Beauty and Makeup questions

1. Who is my fashion icon? Lauren Conrad. I have never seen her wearing something, or her make up done a certain way, or her hair styled in a way I didn't like. I think she has fantastic taste.

2. Favorite drugstore blush or blush color? I think blush is something I buy the least. I have a discontinued Revlon blush in this gorgeous rose shade with a slight gold shimmer to it that I absolutely love. Most days I wear my e.l.f. Essentials Natural Radiance Blusher in Flushed. It's a super bright and shimmery pink.

3. Would I shave my head for 15 free MAC or high-end products? Absolutely not! I can earn and save enough money to buy 15 MAC or high-end products in a fraction of the time it takes to grow my hair back out.

4. Favorite make up gurus? Juicystar07, Ginabinawina99, PinkSugarr09, Nouveau Cheap, and The Makeup Drawer

5. Favorite lipstick? e.l.f. Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin and Party Pink

6. Favorite eye shadow? Wet n Wild Ultimate Expressions palette in Sand Castle

7. Favorite lip gloss? e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick and N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine

8. Favorite makeup brand? e.l.f., Wet n Wild, Maybelline

9. e.l.f. or MAC? I have never used any MAC products before but I have tons of e.l.f. I would love to try MAC but I don't think I could justify spending that much on my makeup.

10. Mineral or liquid foundation? Liquid. I don't like the coverage Mineral foundation gives.

11. Spray tan or tanning bed? I have never had a spray tan but since it's safer, I know I should choose that one. However, I did spend one summer going to the tanning beds like twice a week and I loved how tan I was. Tanning is fun but I don't do it anymore because of how harmful it can be. Maybe I should I try a spray tan...

12. How old was I when I first starting collecting and wearing make up? All through elementary school I had tons of lip balms, lip gloss, and face and body glitter. I first starting wearing real makeup in 8th grade but didn't start collecting it until May 2010.

13. Was I allowed to wear makeup in middle school? For my 13th birthday I got my very first mascara. Little did my mother know she was opening the flood gates and I was obsessed. I finally didn't have to hide all the other makeup I was wearing by about 14 1/2 years old.

14. When do I think girls should be allowed to wear makeup and what should they start with? I think my mom was right about waiting until I was 13 years old and I absolutely loved wearing mascara. I think neutral eye shadows would have also been okay. Nothing over the top or dramatic, just light, girly, fun eyeshadow.

15. Should a self-conscious 12 year old be allowed to wear makeup? I was a self-conscious 12 year old and I didn't wear makeup. I think 12 is too young to be wearing makeup whether you have high self esteem or not.

16. What are some must have items for starting your makeup collection? A good foundation and finishing powder. Eyeshadow primer and neutral toned eyeshadow quad. A long lasting lip gloss and a "Your lips but better" lipstick.

17. How long have I been into makeup? I loved makeup all through high school and into college but have only really been collecting and blogging for 7 months bringing us to 6 1/2 years or so.

18. Is high end make up really worth the money? I wouldn't know, I don't own any high-end makeup but only because I'm not in the financial situation to do so. If I had the money, there are definitely high-end products I would want.

19. When I want to really splurge on makeup, what do I like to buy? When I am craving a splurge I don't crave one single thing, I would rather have 5 or 6 new things. So I hit up a drugstore or make an e.l.f. order. I buy jewelery from Forever 21 or a few new cardigans from Old Navy.

20. If I could only pick one e.l.f. item out of my whole collection, what would it be? Oh boy, this changes weekly. I love my Natural Radiance Blushers, Luminance Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder as my highlight, Mineral Eye Shadow primer, Waterproof Eyeliner Pen, Mineral Eye Shadows, or Mineral Lipsticks... I think my favorite is the Waterproof Eyeliner Pen!

21. Name 3 drugstore makeup items everyone should have. Maybelline Define-A-Brow eyebrow pencil, Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender mascara, Wet 'n' Wild Ultimate Expressions eye shadow palette in Sand Castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment