Saturday, January 1, 2011

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family. Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.

Happy 2011!

I've been having a wonderful holiday weekend with my family
Cooking good food
including 5 1/2 dozen cupcakes just for fun
shopping with my seeester
and then falling asleep on her bed at 2 in the morning
making homemade pizza to ring in the new year
dinner with the in-laws
and the most interesting dinnertime talk you can imagine
reading the booking report in our small town newspaper because for some reason...
it really entertains me
5 degree weather
although I swear it's more like -15
watching/listening to my brother and hubby play video games together
while I blog


This is my brother's "I just got caught and think I'm about to get scolded" face
He makes me laugh


I really enjoy the holidays and all the time I get to spend with my family
Even though I love everything about the holidays
from the music
to the decorations
to the food
to the holiday cheer
to the traditions
to the family get togethers
to the gift giving

I'm glad it's only a few weeks out of the year
because it gives me something to look forward to for all the other weeks

It feels so very late, even though it's only 10:25pm
I think maybe I will fall asleep on my brother's bed now


p.s. I was at my in-laws and saw my dear mister man sitting in the hallway rubbing his kitty's belly
you must know, this kitten does not let anyone come near him
let alone does he lay down, roll over, and let someone touch him
my mister man and this little kitten are so cute


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment