Monday, January 31, 2011

Collective Drugstore Fun

I really look forward to posting about drugstore hauls. I love the variety of things you can find and all the greats deals you can get with sales, coupons, and store card specials. A good sale price is my ultimate shoppers high!

I found these goodies at Family Dollar, Walgreens, and Rite Aid

50ct Cotton Rounds
Now I realize this is nothing fantastic or exciting but I love using cotton rounds and was running out when I saw these packages 2/$1 and they are the softest cotton rounds I have ever used! They are amazing. I used to buy the generic Walmart brand which I thought were fine until I used these and am totally obsessed. They are a little bit thicker than the Walmart ones and are like 50 times softer. I love them.

Duo eyelash adhesive
Forever ago I ordered some false lashes from e.l.f. but had ZERO luck with the adhesive that came with the lashes. Luckily, I didn't have to dig deep into the blogging community before finding out Duo lash adhesive is the best drugstore adhesive out there. I have worn false lashes once since purchasing this and they lasted me all through shopping, dinner, and a movie (I took them off when I got home so I don't know how long they could have lasted). Wearing the lashes was driving me crazy but only because it was my first time and it felt weird. They didn't feel loose or flimsy at all and once I had them on they didn't budge one bit. I'm really glad I purchased this product because my lashes looked so cool and if I can just get used to how it feels to wear false lashes I really think I could  wear them everyday!

Scuncii Headbands from Walgreens
The plastic flower headband is my absolute favorite. I actually had it once before but it broke when I hit my head while wearing it. Seriously the cutest headband ever. And it's perfect for wearing my hair up or down and it dresses up casual outfits or messy buns instantly.


L'Oreal Paris H.I.P. Kohl eyeliner in Navy
This was on sale for 75% off at Walgreens, I think they were trying to compete with the CVS beauty clearance. It always sounded so intriguing and I figured for a couple bucks I might as well give it a try. I have played around with it once and wasn't too impressed with it. Now it's obviously not something I have used before so I'm sure it will take practice but the applicator is really hard, not soft like a brush, and there is a ton of fall out because it is a pigment... It sounds like a really cool idea but I just think the applicator is wrong. Because the wand is hard it's difficult to transfer the product onto my lids.

Dream Mousse concealer in Fair Light 0-1
This was also 75% off at Walgreens. I already had this concealer in the next darkest shade and I love the coverage but it was just a tiny bit too dark for me so when I saw this shade on clearance I snatched it up. I think I will save the darker one for summer when my skin is a little tanner. I hope the reason all the dream mousse is on clearance isn't because it's being discontinued, I love it and really don't want to have to find a new concealer.


Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear nail color in Lacey Lilac
This line of Sally Hansen polishes are some of my favorite they make. I've never tried their 7-in-1 complete manicure polishes which I'm sure are even more fabulous but of the ones I have tried, I love these. I really like pastel shades and I'm glad I could find this super gorgeous one.


Color Me Glow 12 shades eyeshadow by Profusion
I saw a blog post about these shadows here. Then when I was at Walgreens I saw their display and thought for $0.99 I couldn't go wrong.





The shades all have a really nice metallic/shimmer finish to them but I will admit they are quite powdery. But it's worth it for all the awesome colors you get. I wouldn't try wearing them without a primer, but with my e.l.f. mineral primer they are quite long wearing.

Neutrogena Lip Boost intense moisture therapy



I had a $3.00 off coupon and hadn't used it by it's expiration date so I wanted to make sure I used it that day. Unfortunately, instead of buying something I knew I would like and spending a little more, I wanted to get the best deal by buying the least expensive item and ended up with this awful lip balm treatment. I will admit it has a super smooth texture but it borders greasy and has the worst smell/taste. It reminds me of the Almay Pure Blends gloss in Natural. They both taste chemically with a hint of play dough. Gross. Now I know this is a medicated lip balm and not a sparkly colored gloss so I can't judge it on the same scale but does it have to taste so horrid??! I'm going to keep it on hand for my next dry, chapped, and cracked lip fiasco and see if it can deliver, otherwise it's going out the window!

Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Blush

This beauty is from Rite Aid, I found it in their 75% off clearance while I was doing some Christmas shopping with my mom. It's my first of these Revlon lipsticks, but so far I love it. The more I look at it on my lips above I feel it's showing up a little too light. I think it's a tad bit darker in person, but not by much. It's very smooth and the packaging is so pretty! It's the expensive feel and results with the itty bitty price tag, my favorite!

Revlon ColorStay lipstick in Cozy Coral
I did not realize how coral this lipstick was. I know what you are thinking, Brittany, the lid is clear how could you not tell it's color? But I think I lightened the color in my mind while I was at the store because the price tag said 75% and I love lipstick. Then I put some on and BAM I couldn't pretend anymore, this stuff is full on coral and bordering on orange. Luckily with a light hand it's not as shocking and actually quite wearable.

Here are the swatches of both the Revlon lipsticks
ColorStay on the Left and ColorBurst on the Right

Here is the ColorStay on my lips

And here I layered it with the Goldie lip gloss in Nylon I got from BeautyTicket.com which you can see in my haul here.

Those are all the fun things I got from my last collective drugstore shopping. I hope you saw something that interested you and perhaps want to try also. If you have already tried something I just got, let me know what you think below. Coming up next I have a mini e.l.f. haul, a few small Bath&Body Works goodies, and a really big CVS Beauty Clearance haul!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment