Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lip Products That Disappointed

At the risk of sounding negative, I needed to post about these oh so disappointing lippies.
Almay Pure Blends gloss in natural, Price Unknown

So I bought this at Rite Aid when it was on sale for 75% off. I tried to find the retail value online but was unsuccessful. I am so disappointed in this stuff!! I purchased it to layer over nude and light pink lipsticks, looks like it would be perfect right... yeah not so much. The first thing that went wrong with this product is when I opened it all that came out was a clear oil. It looked like olive oil was pouring out of my gloss. It was gross but I got over it because I figured it had been sitting there for a while and sometimes stuff separates. I squeezed some product onto my lips and my nose was immediately hit with the strong smell of PlayDough. This gloss has the incredibly salty smell of PlayDough. That alone is enough to make me never put it on again, but to top it all off this gloss has a sticky texture. So greasy, stinky, and sticky all in one product... you can imagine my disappointment.
Maybelline Wet Shine Fusion in Blush Boost, Price Unknown

I bought this at the dollar store about a year ago so I only paid $1.00 but it's not on their site anymore so I couldn't get the actual price. If you ask me, it's a good thing they aren't selling it anymore. Okay I take that back. Since I got it at the dollar store, perhaps it was a defective product to begin with. I just want to get it out of the way, this is a neon color. It is so bright on my lips, it's hideous. But that's partially my own fault for purchasing this color and their fault for making a shade this awful. I'm not sure where they got the name Wet Shine Fusion unless they are referring to the wet shine of my eyes as I cried when I saw this color on my lips. Yes that must be what they are referring to because I don't find it to be moisturizing at all. Although something it has going for it, it doesn't smell like PlayDough.

Wet n Wild MegaSlicks Lip Gloss in Cherish, $1.00-$2.00

I still love the color of this gloss. I think it's so pretty! It ends there for me. The gloss is sticky and uncomfortable on my lips. The application is also pretty difficult which I know is surprising considering it's a doe foot applicator. When I pull the applicator out there is never any product on it. I have to dip it in, swirl it around, pump it a few time just to get a tiny bit of product. And then I repeat 3 times before my lips are covered. How annoying is that!? I think it goes back to the sticky texture though. I am rarely disappointed with my WnW purchases but this is one I don't recommend and won't repurchase.

Wet n Wild Natural Wear Lip Shimmer in Sugar


I don't know if you have ever tried Soft Lips before but they make shimmer and tinted chapsticks and a while back I purchased their shimmer chapstick in Pearl. I loved it because it had all the benefits of chapstick but in a girly shimmery pink. The only thing I didn't like was the price. It was somewhere between $3.00 and $4.00. So I when I saw this at Rite Aide for half the price of my beloved Softlips I picked one up. Lets just say if this product didn't have such cute packaging it would be an epic fail. The packaging is the only thing I like about this. First off this is purple not pink. And it's sooooo frosty. It's almost more frost than purple, which is saying something because it's quite purple. Even if I went and purchased a shade not so purple I think I would still be disappointed because of the large amount of frostyness. Again Wet n Wild has disappointed me. It rarely happens but I can't imagine anyone who likes to wear purple frost...
So what about you? Have you tried any of these products? What did you think of them? What lip products weren't you impressed with lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment