Saturday, July 3, 2010

E.L.F. Haul/Review #2



Hey Everyone!
I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday morning. I wanted to show you guys what I got in my second E.L.F. Haul and do a little review.

First is the Eyeshadow Primer and Liner Sealer, $3.00


This a really neat product from their Studio line. It's a primer on one end and an eye liner sealer on the other. I got this for the primer because I had never tried any kind of primer before but I love it for the sealer. You just dip the little brush in any eye shadow and apply it like liner. It has great staying power and it's perfect if you want to do a really fun look with bright or crazy eye liner but you don't want to buy an eye liner you're only going to use once. The primer is also a good product. It makes even my cheapest drugstore eye shadows last all day. My only complaint is the roll on stick is pretty big and it makes it difficult to control where it goes on your eye lid. You either don't get the corners at all, or you get it all over. Maybe once I use it more and it thins out on top I will be able to apply it to the corners.

Moving on...

Lip Definer & Shaper in Natural/Nude, $3.00 I was sooo disappointed in this product. First off, natural and nude are the same color. And that color is an extremely frosty pink. There is nothing natural or nude about this product. Because of how frosty and shimmery it was you really can't use it to shade or define your lips. These are the only shades it comes in, and until they come out with other less frosty shades I can't even tell you about the quality of the product because I can't bear to wear this stuff.
Lip Primer and Plumper, $3.00
These first three items are all from the studio line and I think the packaging from the studio line is absolutely gorgeous! It's all black matte and it looks so chic and expensive. Oh and everything is $3.00. I have never purchased anything from NARS but I frequently read that the E.L.F. studio line looks so much like NARS products. I can't put it off anymore... oh this product... so it's a $3.oo lip plumper... what can you expect. I don't really think plumpers work anyways but this one is just a cinnamon scented chapstick that makes your lips tingle and burn. So if you like cinnamon, this is a great chapstick for you. The primer is very chalky and I feel like it washes out all my lipsticks. But I'm still working out the kinks.. so don't take my word for it.

Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Strawberry, $1.00
Okay this is a picture I took, obviously. In my previous post I talked about this product in a different shade (Baby Lips) and the picture off the website is a perfect representation of the actually color of the product. This one however is totally different. Please look at the deep red above and the color below....

These are pictures of the same shade. Epic Fail. It's a red red red gloss and in no way pink. However, this is a very wearable bright red, so they quickly redeemed themselves. I already talked about how the texture and staying power of this product are ah-mazing but this red is really gorgeous and one I think most everyone can pull off. Also, because it's a gloss it is slightly sheer making it a good transition if you never wear bold lip colors.
Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude, $5.00
My Picture (Yes I took these in my car)
And E.L.F.'s picture...

These pictures are perfect representations of the color. So sometimes they get it right on... and sometimes they are sooo off. The best I can tell you is that there is always going to be the chance a product comes in a different shade than what you were expecting, but really don't think it happens that often. Enough about color already, lets talk product. This was my first lipstick (I know 2 months ago was my first lipstick, ridiculous. But I'm so glad I bought one) and I looooooove it. It's the perfect pink. So gorgeous, so perfect with a smokey eye, so perfect everyday. It's a very smooth product as well. The lasting power isn't the greatest I have used but it is still worth the money. I am definitely going to re-purchase this product again and again!

So these are only 5 of the 15 products I got with my second order but I wanted to get some of them up tonight.
BTW, just a little E.L.F. alert, they have FREE SHIPPING with any $30.00 purchase through 07/13/2010. Use CODE: THIRTY at checkout!

Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment