Friday, May 16, 2014

DIY Gallery Wall {using thrift store frames}


A few weeks ago my friend and I were inspired to create our own gallery wall with a collage of frames. We hunted through a few thrift stores and yard sales looking for different sized and shaped frames and mirrors.

After finding our frames we stopped in at Walmart to pick out our spray paint. We settled on cream, light green, and gold.


After several coats over two days our frames were finished. I decided to put up my frames on this large blank wall right inside my front door over the kitchen table.


Though I like the look of the empty frames I wanted more variety so I added a wedding picture into the center frame as the focal point. Then I pulled out these navy blue letters my sister made for me several months earlier using a cricut machine. "Mr" and "&" are just lightly taped to the front of the frame. "Mrs" is actually between the glass. 


I absolutely love how it turned out. I love the contrast of the cream, gold, and pop of light green. I like that it adds to the wall but doesn't seem heavy or crowded.


This was such a fun, easy, and CHEAP project. I only spent a few dollars on frames and a few more on paint. I'm so glad my friend and I did this together. If you have a blank wall you want to decorate without spending more than $10.00 a gallery wall with thrift store frames is definitely the way to go.

xoxo

2 comments: