Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Desk Organization & DIY washi tape & bakers twine storage



I'm so excited to show you the set up I'm using at my desk in our kitchen. Everything I used was inexpensive, DIY, re-purposed items. I'm so happy to have been able to come up with a system that is both pretty and functional.

{calendar}

I purchased this clipboard calendar for a great price on www.jane.com.


{menu}

I purchased this frame on clearance from Walmart. I spray painted it white and then green. After it dried I sanded the edges to give it a distressed look. I cut a piece of scrapbook paper with a subtle print to fit the frame and voila, I have a cute, custom, CHEAP dry erase menu board.

{clothespins}

I love using clothespins in my kitchen and throughout the house so I decided to decorate a handful with washi tape and display them on a piece of twine. So easy & cute!

{bakers twine}

I absolutely love having my bakers twine collection on display. I made this holder with cork board, hooks, and wooden skewers cut in half. The only thing I had to buy was the corkboard and it came in a value pack so I'll be able to use the other pieces throughout the house. I simply screwed the hooks into the cork, cut the skewers, and voila! I love being able to see the colorful twin + it reminds me to use it all the time!

{mail sorter} 


This mail sorter is from Walmart. I purchased it for $2.00 and spray painted it gold with paint I had on hand. Using two nails I mounted it on the wall. The nails fit easily through the holes in the wire mesh. I love that I was able to mount this on the wall to keep the desk surface cleared off and free of clutter. This is right inside my front door and serves as the perfect spot to drop off the mail each day.

{washi tape}


I used the same system to create this washi display & storage. Corkboard, skewers, and metal hooks. I'm totally in love with washi tape right now so being able to see it all the time at my desk makes me really happy! I much prefer this method of storing than a box or hidden away in a cupboard.

{office supplies}

The only thing I have sitting on the desk is this set of three bowls in a carrier. I keep them in the corner and have them filled with push pins, paper clips, and tape. The colors don't match the rest of my set up but we received it as a gift a few years ago and find it the perfect size for these little supplies.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my desk and perhaps got a few ideas for revamping your desk organization on dime! I love an easy DIY project that is inexpensive AND cute!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment