Thursday, May 8, 2014

Cook With Me: Beef Stroganoff

I tried a new stroganoff recipe and wanted to take you along as I made it!

First I cooked the meat.

I used beef I cut up and marinated a few days before. It cooked on medium high heat for a little less than 10 minutes. Once cooked I set aside in a bowl.

The pasta

I used up the rest of an open box of fettuccine. I started it boiling while I worked on the sauce.

Veggies

The recipe didn't call for mushrooms but I love them so much I added my own. I also chopped up onion and minced two cloves of garlic. Once finished I added this all to the pan with some olive oil.

Sauce

I added the can of sauce to the sauteed mushroom, onion, and garlic. 



While the sauce was simmering I measured out 1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce and 1/2 cup of sour cream.

Then some salt and pepper to taste.

When the sauce had thickened and come to a boil like this...


I added the meat back to the pan.



After the pasta finished I made a salad and dinner was ready!


This was such an easy meal. It cooked quickly and tasted delicious. I think I only spent 25-30 minutes from start to finish. Just looking at these pictures makes me want to heat up a bowl of leftovers right now!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment