Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. ~Bill Watterson

It's usually about this time of the weekend that I start dreading the upcoming work week
   and I think about how the weekend flew by
while I'm still feeling those things, I'm glad I had such a fun weekend!

Friday night by hubby and I went out for Chinese
   nom nom nom I love wonton soup, sweet and sour chicken, egg rolls, and steamed rice

Saturday, after a wonderfully lazy morning by myself, I went grocery shopping with the mister
      then we cleaneddd (which wasn't especially fun, but i'm grateful my husband motivates me to clean when I don't want to because I hate it worse when it's messy)
            I made plans with my big brother to come over for superbowwwl festivities
                     cut my husband's crazy head of too long hair with the new clippers we just bought (love 'em)
           But the best part of Saturday?
                  The mister and I got a redbox but didn't want to just sit on the couch and watch
             so we thought we would try out the hideAbed but the mattress was kind of lame
     Solution?
drag our king size mattress out of our room, down the hall, and up on top of the hideAbed mattress
           it takes up the entire living room.... I love it!!
  But we were higher than our tv, so we cleared off the kitchen table and drug it over as the new tv stand
seriously most comfortable thing ever. I'm never bringing the mattress back to the bedroom
      Its so fun having this giant couchbed in the living room, it gave us the same feeling as building a fort
                               so.fun.
Sunday, since my brother was down, he&i went adventuring for animals. I l.o.v.e. animals. ALOT.
    many many puppies were found. kitties. llamas. sheep. goats. bunnies. peacocks. deer. pigs. geese. chickens. ducks.   I wish I could bring them all home with me.

   then we went to the mister's friend's parent's house and played with 9 fluffy chubby rollypolly running jumping flopping golden retriever puppies   I'm so puppy hungry

           then husband, brother, and I made a feast of superbowl snacks

Jalapeno Poppers, Chicken Quesadilla Rolls, Hot Wings, Spare Ribs, and a serious mountain of nachos

                              we were so stuffed. making that much food for 3 people, not our smartest idea.
     was it yummy? oh yeah!

Oh and we watched the game, Go Packers
                (I think the only reason I'm happy they won is because they are a team I know of. My mom loves the Packers so I grew up aware of who they are. I'm so not a sports fan.)

        Now my husband and I are laying in our giant fort bed watching the special on tv about the hiker who got stuck in a canyon and cut his own arm off. Then I think we will drift off to sleep watching Harry Potter.

I'm quite pleased with the weekend I spent doing fun relaxing things with my sweet husband and big brother. Although I wish there was more time to spend doing these things, I know this next week will go just as fast and before I know it another weekend will have arrived.           i can't wait

No comments:

Post a Comment