Thursday, February 24, 2011

CVS Beauty Clearance Haul

Hey everyone! I am so excited to show you what I got during my very first shopping experience at CVS which just so happened to be during the CVS Beauty Clearance (okay okay I totally planned it, but it really was my first time ever)! I was in Arizona visiting family and made 2 phenomenal trips to CVS. I tried so hard to keep track of my receipts for the last month but alas... they have floated away like my bobby pins, hair ties, and chapsticks. Although I don't have the specifics, on my first trip I spent $20.27 and saved $49.58 and on my second trip I spent $20.72 (I almost thought I had spent the exact same amount, needless to say I was temporarily overcome with the magic of the CVS Beauty Clearance sale.) and saved $40.somethingcents. How awesome is that! Spent $40 and saved $90. Ah-mazing!!

Okay, onto the goodies!

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Pressed Bronzer in Light

I was really interested in this product when I saw that it was 75% off. I love bronzers and I think it's so great that this has SPF 50. My sunscreen doesn't even have that much, so kudos to my bronzer lol. When I got home and opened this I couldn't believe how light it is. I realize I bought the shade in light, but this could pass as my powder...  
I haven't put it on yet (I've been waiting to take pictures for this haul) but I'm excited to try it out. Even if it doesn't work out as a bronzer now, I know in just a few months this will be the perfect shade for my powder and the SPF 50 will really come in handy as the weather warms up.


Revlon Age Defying Moisturizing Concealer in Light

I was soo excited when I saw this on clearance! I'm always on the lookout for a great concealer and this stuff has awesome reviews. The consistency is very creamy which I like and the color seems just right. I can't wait to see if it can cover those dark circles of mine.




Almay Line Smoothing Powder in Light


I really lucked out with the clearance items in my shade. I haven't actually heard a whole lot about this powder, at least not that I can remember, but I usually have good luck with Almay. For some reason I feel like I can never have enough powders... I'm always looking for that "one" that's going to give great coverage, match my skintone, stay matte all day, won't break me out, etc....
So I'll let you know how this one measures up!


Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Sheer Highlighting Blush in Fresh

So this was a 75% off impulse buy. I don't like things that are sheer... nor do I need this blush because I kind of already have it

N.Y.C. Mosaic Blush in Pink Cheek Glow

I think this happened because it was on sale and I had a $3.00 off coupon. I really can't resist a steal of a deal.
Anyways, back to the blush at hand. Here is what it looks like. Being so sheer, I had a hard time getting a good picture.



Revlon Beyond Natural Blush&Bronzer in Nude


This color combination is really pretty. I love the bronzer and the rose blush. Turns out Beyond Natural is another way to say sheer. The shade is in Nude so there is really no one to blame but myself, all signs pointed to sheer but I was distracted by the good deal. I think I will really enjoy these during the summer when my makeup is a lot lighter and more natural. If it doesn't work out then either I will probably give it to my mom. Sheer products are right up her alley.

I do like the hint of gold shimmer. You can almost see it in the bottom right of the bronzer swatch.


Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow&Liner in Smoky Green Eyes
Although I don't have green eyes, the palette for blue eyes was just a little unwearable for me (think bright blue and gold and copper). I was drawn to the shimmery almost frosty colors and the packaging was so intriguing and informative. This is supposed to be 3 eyeshadow trios in 1. See below


I wasn't feeling so well when I took this pictures and couldn't muster the ambition to swatch all of these but I got a few swipes on my finger.

The shades are all really similar to begin with so my crappy swatches are an epic fail

I promise to do better swatches... I really shouldn't have even posted these. Haha oh well.

Sally Hansen Diamond 12 Hour Lip Treatment in Engaging


These came as a 2-in-1 pack. The gloss looked basically clear when I swatched it so I didn't but it's a super light pink with big flecks of glitter. I'm intrigued by the invisible lip liner. I don't use lip liner for the exact reason that I don't want to look like...

this.

So I think this whole invisible lip liner is a really good thing. I will let you know if it actually works.


Revlon Super Lustrous lipgloss in Pink After Glow
I feel very mislead by the beauty world.
Countless glowing reviews of how amazing these are and I happen to buy the one shade that is full of chunky glitter. This stuff is terrible. It feels so grainy on my lips. So disappointing. I know these must be better. I'm determined not to let this one terrible shade ruin my opinion of the whole line of glosses so I going to buy another shade soon! 

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Champagne

I think Rimmel might be my favorite lipstick brand. That have a super huge selection and they are so creamy. I'm in love with this bright pink!


Rimmel Moisture Renew in Spotlight Beige


Another really nice Rimmel lipstick. I seem to have forgotten to take a picture of the lipstick in the tube... what was I thinking?!
Here is what the Rimmel website had to offer


My swatch is a little too coral. It's definitely a nice a nude beige. And who can resist these adorable purple tubes. Let's be honest.... :)


N.Y.C. Liquid Lip Shine in Pink Sand
I have like 5. I'm afraid I won't be able to find them anywhere since N.Y.C. has re-vamped the liquid lip shines.


(from Left to Right)
Milani Jewel Fx in Gold, N.Y.C. in a New York Color Minute in Manhattan, Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Stiletto Red, and Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Steel Grey

I'm so obsessed with every single one of these polishes! None of these were on clearance but I couldn't resist them! I had a coupon for the N.Y.C. but I think I would have bought it anyways. What a gorgeous plum! Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro polishes are one of my favorites, I absolutely love how the big brush applies. And I had a BOGO coupon, which didn't hurt either!



Here's a closer look at the gold glitter!

Those are all the fantastic things I got during CVS' Beauty Clearance. Let me just tell you I am absolutely SOLD! CVS rocks. Did you take advantage of the great deals going on? What did you get? have you tried any of the products I purchased? What do you think? Anything you are thinking about buying that you saw here? I know I have been doing non-stop hauls but I promise to come back with more variety. I have a few tiny hauls that I might put together into 1 collective haul so I can be done with them and go back to tutorials, looks of the day, and reviews. Stay tuned!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment