Saturday, September 13, 2014

August Favorites!


I'm a little late getting this posted but I wanted to share my favorite things from the month of August!

Beauty!



These nail polish remover pads were only $2 at Walmart and I bought them with the intention of using them when I travel so I didn't have to lug around a huge bottle of remover and some cotton pads. To my surprise I ONLY use these at home or away! They are awesome. When I'm using a dark color I use a pad for each hand but with a light color I can usually get away with only using one pad! They have lasted me a really long time and I'm so glad I bought them! 


This nail polish is always a favorite of mine. It is such a classic red, the brush is really nice, and I only need one coat to get an opaque color on my nails. I can't say enough great things about this polish. What makes it even better is that I got it online for sale at only $6.00 (regularly $18!). It is the only polish I have from this brand (because of the price tag) so I'm glad I was able to take advantage of great sale to try them out!


This is from an Ipsy bag a few months ago and I'm really loving it! One of my favorite parts is that it has doe foot applicator so I don't have to touch my face with my fingers to apply it! I love trying different spot treatments and this is a brand I'd have never tried otherwise if it weren't for my Ispy subscription!


This is another Ipsy item that has become a daily-use product for me. I like using this as a base for my eyeshadows. I haven't tried using it alone (which I think is what it is meant for) but I have pretty oily eyelids so I set all cream products with a powder.

5. Revlon tweezers

I purchased these tweezers from Walmart a few years ago and I just absolutely love them. They are the best drugstore tweezers I've ever used. They grab the hairs so easily which makes plucking my eyebrows quick and easy!

Fashion!


Earrings from Walmart

I bought these earrings over the summer and wore the heck out of them in August. I love the colors and the style. I think they go with so much and I'm so glad I picked them up (and for only $5!)


Mint floral scarf from 3Brunettes Boutique

This was another fashion favorite for me in August. It is the perfect lightweight infinity scarf for summer! I purchased it through Jane.com but it was from the online store 3Brunettes Boutique.


Sandals from Walmart

I've been loving these sandals all summer long. They were $12 from Walmart and I think they are absolutely adorable! I love how the white makes my skin look a little bit tanner and how the silver details sparkle in the sun! They are comfortable and cute!


Household!


1. Bins from Dollar Tree

I have gone crazy re-organizing my house with bins from Dollar Tree! They have so many different shapes and sizes that I can find pretty much anything and everything I need for so inexpensive! The pink bin shown came in a 2 pack and the blue bin came in a 4 or 5 pack. They are so great! I definitely recommend checking out your local Dollar Tree for some inexpensive organizing tools!

2. Febreze Air Freshener with Gain

I fell in love with this scent from Febreze a few years ago when it first came out and I rediscovered it this past month. I put a few around my home and have been loving the fresh clean scent. I'm already in love with the original Gain scent so it didn't take much to convince me I needed the air freshener too!

3. OxiClean Dishwasher Detergent

I bought this detergent on a whim one day when it was on sale and had a $2 off coupon on the bottle and I'm so glad I did because I love it! You only need to use half the amount as other detergents and the dishes get cleaner! They sparkle, I'm serious! I love this stuff! I hope I can find it on sale again when I run out because I'm hooked!

4. Sprayway Glass Cleaner

My husband actually bought this cleaner a couple years ago and I have refused to use it because I've always been a loyal Windex fan but I caved and decided to try this stuff finally and I hate to say it... but... I think it is better than Windex. Way less streaky!

Food!


1. Dreyer's Outshine strawberry fruit bars

My husband and I love these popsicles (especially in the heat of August!). They have the best flavor (more like real fruit less like artificial candy) and there are pieces of real strawberries in them! It is delicious! We've also tried and loved pineapple & lime.

2. belVita cinnamon brown sugar Breakfast Biscuits

My sister introduced me to these breakfast biscuits and I've been hooked ever since. They are super easy to throw in my bag and bring to work for breakfast. They taste really good and are actually filling! I've tried other flavors but this is my favorite.

Pets!



These treats came in a Barkbox and our puppy loves them! They are healthy and made in the USA which I always look for in dog treats. Ruby has already eaten the whole bag!

2. Hartz Hairball Remedy plus chicken soft chews

These chews have been awesome for our long-haired cat who gets hairballs really easy (especially in the summer). Having the medicine in a soft chew form makes it really easy to administer too.

Music!

Hilary Duff- Oh yeah she's back. My 12 year old self freaked out in August over her new songs. :) I will love her songs no matter what.





My favorite country song in August was Drunk On a Plane by Dierks Bentley. 
It is such an upbeat fun song (despite the lyrics lol)


Memories!

August was such a busy month! The first half was fun family time and lots of doctor appointments. I got my wisdom teeth out on the last day of July and ending up going back to the dentist a few times because of complications. I'm happy to report my mouth is almost completely healed (finally! thank goodness) but it was all liquid and yogurt for a while there. Including on my 5 year wedding anniversary! (not the best timing for wisdom teeth removal but the dentist said it couldn't wait) My husband got me a brand new camera which was so sweet and such a surprise!

I also started going to a new doctor in August. She is up in the city so there were a lot of trips to the city for appointments and tests. And a lot of phone tag with the doctor's nurse! It wasn't fun at the time but looking back I'm just glad to have found an office I like!

We had a family reunion at the beginning of August so it was great to spend time with cousins and aunts and uncles that I don't see very often.

And I got to eat the best cheese fries ever with my favorite cousin :)

My BFF and I went to dinner at Macaroni Grill one weekend. I hadn't been for years and years so it was fun to go again. We had these amazing mac & cheese bites with a truffle dip. They were delicious. Then we went to Outback steakhouse for my favorite oreo shakes. They come in the cutest bottles and are hands down the best shake I've ever had in my life. It was really fun to have dinner at one place and a dessert somewhere else! We sat at the bar because we didn't want to wait 20 minutes for a table just to order dessert and we felt so funny at a bar surrounded by people drinking alcohol and we were drinking milkshakes... bahaha but it was so worth it! Afterwards we went to Target and wandered around for at least an hour. I love the store. I so wish I had one closer than an hour and a half away!

My husband and I decided it was time to put a new furnace in our house and to finally get A/C! My brother works for a heating/cooling company so he did the installation and we were able to get a really great discount! My brother came down 3 weekends in August so it was really fun getting to hang out with him AND one of those weekends his girlfriend and their 2 kids came down to spend the night which I absolutely loved! It was so fun playing with my nephew at the park and going out to lunch and to the store. And then getting to hold my sweet little niece! Gahh I just love them! 

And finally, Dollar Tree finally opened near my house which was so awesome and I've been like 5 times! I'm addicted. 

I hope you had a wonderful August!
Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment