Wednesday, July 30, 2014

July 2014 Ipsy bag! Pixi, bareMinerals, Pur-lisse, Model's Own & more!


This month marks one year for my Ipsy subscription! I can happily say I'm still as excited about it today as I was with my first bag and I think the products are getting better each month!

Here's what came this month...



I was so excited to see this bright pink bag! It is very soft, like leather. The scalloped detail on the edges is totally cute and feminine. And I love the large square size as it will allow for greater storage when re-purposing the bag!


Ipsy is a $10/month subscription service (with free shipping)! You take a quiz upon joining to determine your beauty profile which is a factor in the products you receive each month! Then after receiving each bag you can go on and review the items (and receive points towards free stuff) which continues to shape what you'll receive in your future bags. I have found it to be a great way to try products that are often new to the market but almost always new to me that I wouldn't have otherwise purchased or had the chance to try!

This month was no exception...

(full size retails for $55.00 // value of this sample is $16.17)


This seems like a lightweight moisturizer with a very light sunscreen scent to it. I have used it a few times and have been pleased with the results. It says it is for normal to dry skin. I have oily acne prone skin so I'm going to watch carefully for new breakouts. I will discontinue use if I find it to be too oily for my skin.

(full size retails for $8.00 // this bottle is full size)



I painted my nails with this color the day after receiving the bag. I've always been intrigued by this U.K. brand and was ecstatic to finally try it. I don't know if all of their polishes are of such poor quality but this one was terrible! It was thick, goopy, and very hard to work with. I couldn't stand to have it on my nails for longer than a day or two.

(full size retails for $35.00 // value of this sample is $9.45)



I was pretty excited to see this in my bag. I'd never heard of it before but since it is just a spot treatment and you only have to use the tiniest amount I think it will actually last long enough for me to get a good idea of whether or not it is working. Skincare samples, like washes or serums, are frequently too small to get enough uses to the point of knowing if it really works so I always appreciate when the samples are large enough to really form an opinion about it! I have used this a few times already and am already thrilled that it isn't one of those acne treatments that dries out your skin leaving it cracked and flaky. Something I found interesting about it is that it is a liquid, not a gel or cream which is most common in spot treatments. I'm going to continue using it to see if it can really help with my breakouts!

bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in shade Soft Shell
(full size retails for $18.00 // don't have exact size of sample but full size is only 0.10 fl oz. I'd guess this sample is at least $3.00)



I've been using this product almost everyday since getting my ipsy bag. I just apply mine like a primer and put eyeshadow over it. They make other shades that can be worn on their own but this just blends into my skin so it would just look like I wasn't wearing eyeshadow. I'm really excited about this product. It blends nicely almost into a light powdery feeling. It holds my shadows on well too! It also has spf in it! I never think about my eyelids needing sunscreen but as long as I'm using this they will! I would love to buy a full size some day but I can't imagine I ever would because of the price.

Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink
(full size retails for $14.00 // this value of this sample is $8.40)


I was more excited about this when I first opened the bag than I am now. Although it has a nice minty smell and is a smooth balm the shade I received is hardly tinted. I don't see any color on my lips or swatched on my hand. Maybe I'll keep it in my purse if I don't have any other lip balm but I would have preferred to get a darker pink shade that would actually show up when applied.

Overall, I'm really excited about this month's bag. The actual bag is totally adorable. I like the moisturizer, cream eyeshadow, and spot treatment. I don't mind the balm though I'd have preferred a different color. The only one I didn't like was the nail polish!

The retail value of the products in the bag (not counting the value of the bag itself) is $45.02!
And need I remind you I only paid $10 :) Monthly subscriptions are so fun.


xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment