Friday, July 11, 2014

WalMart Beauty Haul! (Skincare, Haircare, Nails, & more!)


My husband and I stopped at WalMart after going out for dinner because I needed to buy some tampons. We like to be very sarcastic and joke with each other so while parking the car we were joking about something and I said to my husband "Why don't you just stay in the car!?" The car stops, I get out, and realize he is still in the car. "Haha, very funny." I think. "He'll get out of the car now." I say to myself. "He'll come walking in behind me."
Nope. 
"He really stayed in the car!" Psshh! "Oh no he didn't!" 

So I thought to myself "I'll teach him to let me go in the store alone!" So I picked up my tampons... and two things of dry shampoo, some toner, and lip balm, nail polish remover, and more! Bahaha! 
I thought I was so funny.

(I did buy him one of those $1 boxes of movie theater candy for sitting in the car while I wandered through the store.)

 He actually did find it funny when I walked out with my bag full of stuff.

Now I want to share that bag full of stuff with you 
(Minus the tampons... 'cuz they're just tampons, what more is there to say...)


Simple Soothing Facial Toner, $5.97


I have been in need of a facial toner for some time now after running out of my huge bottle of Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing toner. I had seen this talked about in YouTube videos but have had such bad experiences with drugstore toners in the past (too much alcohol making it over-drying) so I've been hesitant to try it. Something I'd never noticed until today was that it says "100% Alcohol free" which instantly made it better than all the other toner options on the shelf. So into my cart it went!

I used it for the first time and it had zero scent (no fragrance, very good!). It also made my skin feel softer and smoother than it was before. It didn't burn or tingle nor did my skin feel dry at all!! It actually reminds me so much of my {over-priced} Mario Badescu toner I'd used for so long (but for a quarter of the price)!

Hopefully my first impression lasts because I would love to find an affordable drugstore toner that is actually good! I'll keep you posted...

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo, $4.74


I have used two kinds of dry shampoo: the uuber affordable and citrus scented Suave dry shampoo and the very popular Tresemme Fresh Start dry shampoo. I was adequately pleased with both of them but ready to try something new! I didn't have any at home so I decided to pick this up on recommendation from my sister in law. I already love this brand so much so I didn't hesitate at all when I saw this at my Walmart.

Hopefully it lives up to my expectations!

got2b Rockin' it 4ever stylestay encore fresh dry shampoo, $3.97


Can we discuss how long the name of this is? I mean I'm assuming that is all part of its name... I don't even know... but it just goes on and on lol. This is another hair care brand I have tried several times over the years so I picked it up as well... because why only have one of something at a time when you can buy two. LOL Really it was a little impulsive of me but I wanted to be able to try out both and see which is better.
I didn't do it for me, it was for you! ...does that excuse work? :)

got2b POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder, $3.97


I have heard of these volumizing powders before but never tried one. I saw this video on YouTube of MissGlamorazzi showing how she is styling her new shorter hair style and she uses like a million products but she makes it look so easy and her hair turns out amazing and basically I want to be her... so I'm starting with a volumizing powder :) 
This isn't even the same brand she used but it is cheaper and that's how I roll! I have no idea what to expect from this or if I'll actually be able to make it work in my hair!

EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet, $2.97


I have used several of these over the years but haven't had one in quite a while. My WalMart recently put up a huge display and I've been looking at it every week when I do my grocery shopping and finally had to pick one up! I've never tried this scent before so I scooped it right up!

As expected it smells amazing! And as always, these feel amazing on the lips. If you've never tried one before you must get out from under that rock you've been hiding under and GO GET ONE! Right now!

Can you tell I like them? Just a little :) I mean they are the funnest shaped lip balm ever.

elf Nail Polish Remover Pads, $2.00


I have always been curious about nail polish remover pads but never wanted to take the plunge since I have a bottle of remover and my own cotton rounds so why waste the money on some pre-soaked pads, right!? But I go up to my parents on the weekends a few times a month and I get tired of dragging along a full bottle of remover (which has leaked on me many a time & is so annoying). Hence this purchase!

For $2.00, even if they suck I'll at least know and will stop wondering! I tried one out and it worked pretty well actually (and on red polish which tends to be stubborn)! I did notice it made my fingertips dry out a bit but anything with acetone tends to do that.



And there you have it. 
Those are the new beauty items from my revenge bag full of stuff from Walmart :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment