Saturday, March 15, 2014

Current Beauty Favorites feat. Revlon, NARS, Smashbox, Urban Decay, NYX, Rimmel, and Tarte

 
I wanted to share my most used products right now. I have been using these products and nothing else (aside from the occasional gloss) for at least a month or two.
 
Here's what my routine has been lately...
 
Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss
This is my absolute favorite balm right now. It is so soft and creamy and moisturizing. It makes my lips feel amazing and gives them a very pretty shine. It is perfect for this cold dry winter weather!
 
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
This is my second sample of this and I love every drop. I focus it on my t-zone where my foundation has the hardest time staying put.
 
Revlon Colorstay 24 Hour Foundation for Combo/Oily skin in shade 110 Ivory 
As you can tell from the empty bottle above I love this so much I've used every last drop I can get to! The only store in my small town that sells this has been out of my shade for weeks so I've had to resort to buying something else (Maybeline Fit Me, color is great formula is horrible!!) and I can't wait to get my hands on this again! It is the only foundation that lasts on my oily mess of a face!
 
Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer in 230 Ivory/Light 
This is my second tube of this concealer and I love it for under my eyes. I wish it was a little longer lasting (since I put my makeup on at 6:00am and don't take it off until 10:00pm) but it does the job and it is the best I've tried in a long time. Plus, it's affordable!
 
Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder in Translucent 
I don't know how many of these compacts I've gone through over the years. I'm really quite pale so this translucent powder is pretty much the only thing that doesn't leave me with a crazy obvious color difference from my jaw to my neck. Plus, I really need the oil absorbing help!
 
Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Thankful 
This is one of the most pigmented blushes I've ever owned. I love that I only need a tiny amount on my brush to get the color I want on my cheeks. This is going to last forever!
 
Jane Aguaceuticals Aquaglow bronzer in Sunset Bronze  
I don't actually use this as bronzer I just use the top two shades and highlight my cheekbones. I love the subtle highlight it provides. I bought this in 2011 from Hautelook and I'm not sure if they still make it but if they do I totally recommend picking it up. I've also used all the colors as eyeshadow when I didn't have anything else with me!
 
e.l.f. Eyebrow set in Light 
This is my go to brow product. When I really feel like going to town on my makeup I will use both the powder and the cream/wax but most days all I need is the cream/wax side. I was so worried when it first came in the mail because it was so much darker than the powder but it is only lightly pigmented. Just enough to fill my brows without looking crazy and the waxy texture helps keep the hairs in place! Plus, it was such a steal. Normally $3.00, I got it on sale for $1.50! And it's going to last forever!
 
NARS eye shadow primer 
This is a sample I got in a free set from Sephora but I've been using it for months and I absolutely love it! This primer is amazing! It keeps my shadows from creasing all day! And I only have to use the tiniest amount. I'm going to be so sad when this runs out because it is far to expensive to repurchase. But if you have the money, I would say get it!
 
Wet n Wild Color Icon eye shadow palette in Vain
 
I have had this palette for several years and lately it has been the only eye shadow I've used. As you can tell I love the two lightest shades, especially the matte one. My second favorite shade is the matte tan color. My go-to eye look has been the matter ivory on the lid and inner corner with the matte tan in the crease. Really simple and classis but pretty!
 
L'Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner & Tarte emphasEYES smoldering clay liner
I have been wearing two eyeliners everyday. I wear the L'Oreal liquid liner on my eyelid and the Tarte liner along my lower lash line. They are both very long lasting and the Tarte liner can be smudged along the lower lash line right after applying and then it sets and stays all day! I have such a problem with mascara and liner on my bottom lashes smudging and smearing throughout the day so now this is the only liner I wear down there.
 
Covergirl Lashblast Volume Waterproof mascara & Smashbox Full Exposure mascara
I've never been a huge fan of waterproof mascara and I haven't ever really felt like it was necessary but over the last 7 or 8 months I've had a huge problem of the mascara on my bottom lashes smudging into my under eye area throughout the day. So I decided to try a waterproof formula. I only use it on my bottom lashes because it was WAY too hard to get off my top lashes but it is perfect for the lower lash line. My most used mascara right now for my top lashes is this one for smashbox that I got in a smashbox sample set. I really really like the formula and the large brush. I tend to layer it with a different mascara every couple days but always with this as the base.
 
Urban Decay de-slick makeup setting spray & NYX Matte finish setting spray
The last thing I do when putting on my makeup is set my makeup with one of these sprays. This is my second bottle of the NYX setting spray and I've used about half of it. I think it is a really nice spray for oily skin and it is affordable. The Urban Decay was a new purchase about a month ago and it is only a sample size but I'm already OBSESSED. It is amazing. It really works wonders on controlling my oily face. BUT it is so pricey that I don't see myself ever buying a full size.
 
Hope you enjoyed seeing what makeup I've been using most lately!
 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment