Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chevron inspired nails >> raspberry+mint

Who doesn't love chevron, am I right?


The chevron design is really having a moment in the beauty, fashion, and decor worlds so I decided to incorporate the cute little stripes in my latest manicure.


This was the first time I tried these, so yes the stripes aren't perfect but I'll tell you what, I still love 'em! Annnnd I did the stripes freehand and I'm terrible at nail art so if I can do it somewhat decently so can you!

Here is what I used...


My accent nails are Re-fresh Mint by China Glaze with... oh no! I just realized I didn't take a picture of the sparkle top coat. Oh geez.

Okay I stopped writing, took the picture, and here is the sparkle top coat I used


They don't put the color name on the bottle but this is one of the L.A. Colors Color Craze nail polishes which retail for $1.00. The iridescent glitter is subtle && wearable but totally pretty.

Anyways, back to my other polishes. On the rest of my nails I used Radio City Rose by NYC. This is one of their In a New York Minute quick dry polishes and they really do dry quickly, I love it!

I created the chevron stripes with the L.A. Colors Art Deco nail art polish in black. It has a really long super skinny brush that makes creating the design very easy.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment