Monday, August 30, 2010

Last ELF Haul... finally!

Hey! Omgoodness it's been a month since I have posted because my husband and I moved and the landlord just barely set up the internet but here I am ready to postpostpost!
First I want to show you my E.L.F. Haul that I got forever ago. It was back in like mid-July!



ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Plum, $1.00


Again a product I have talked about before and absolutely love. This plum is so beautiful. It doesn't show up as purple on my eyes but it still looks really pretty. It's the perfect subtle way to add purple to your look. It's not a color I would normally use, so it's nice to be able ot incorporate it into my everyday look. I now have this in Coffee, Black, Ash, and Plum and I love every single one.


ELF Mineral Lipstick in Rosy Raisin, $5.00


As I have said many times before I love this lipstick. I love the teture. I love everything. This shade is no exception. My colors of the actual lipstick aren't very accurate, it's right in between with a flash and without but the swatches are perfect. This is a berry pink that is almost the exact shade of lips. I love it because I can put it on and feel girly and put togther but in a natural way because it really just enhances my natural lip color. A lipstick like this is perfect for me. It's exactly what I'm looking for. As always I completely recommend this lipstick!
ELF Mineral Lip Liner in Peachy, $3.00

Oh man is this stuff orage... I was hoping it would be a nude sort of light coral but it's very bright. On the plus side it's very pigments. I have never put it on.. I just can't bring myself to put this on. Okay I take that back. I had to put it on because I couldn't bare posting about this and not trying it. So I just put this on and it's twice as orange as I though. Enough said.

ELF Studio Minty Lip Gloss in Miami, $3.00 (Top), ELF Mineral Lip Gloss in Pageant Princess, $3.00 (Middle), and ELF Studio Lip Stain in First Date, $3.00 (Bottom)

Minty Gloss: I do really like this gloss. It's so minty it's like toothpaste, I love putting it on. And the packaging is beautiful. It looks so expensive and classy. The only issue I have with it is that it takes several applications with the doe foot applicator before I can get enough to cover my lips. It's not too sticky but for some reason the product does not want to come out.
Mineral Gloss: This gloss is really small. It's the perfect size to put it in your pocket or throw in your purse. It also has the doe foot applicator. The color is very similar to the Minty gloss but this is more bubblegum pink and Miami has gold flecks in it which makes it closer to a coral pink. The texture of this is very smooth. But I think it's pretty silly; the lid to this is bigger than the actual tube of product... what's the point of that? Overall, I like this. I'd be interested in trying the other shades.
Lip Stain: I can't wear this. I tried it on when I first got it and it is literally neon. I am not exaggerating at all. Oh geez... it's very pigmented. It almost completely cancelled out the natural color of my lips. Neon shade aside, I would be interested in trying other shades but I would be more careful when selecting which shade.
ELF Studio Eyeliner and Shadow Stick in plum/purple and brown/basic, $3.00 each


So the thin line is the liner and the thick line is the shadow stick. I have a hard time with regular eyeliners ever since I discovered my waterproof eyeliner pens but these do have really nice pigmentation. The staying power on my bottom lash line isn't very good, but I do have a pretty oily skin so it might just be a problem I have with it. It's the same with the shadow stick, because it's slightly creamy it has creased both times I have worn it however, I didn't use primer like I should have or set it with a powder on top. So I can't really review this but I know for sure without primer it's not likely to stay well. The color combinations are totally gorgeous though!

(From Left to Right)ELF Kabuki Body brush, $6.00, ELF Studio Powder brush, $3.00, ELF Studio Eye Shadow "C" brush, $3.00, ELF Studio Small Angled brush, $3.00, ELF studio Fan brush, $3.00

Kabuki: So the only reason I bought this brush is because I wanted a big fluffy soft brush. I have had it for about two months and I don't think I have ever used it. I just think it's so cute! It's the size of my palm. The bristles are very soft, if you have any of the studio brushes, it's equally as soft. I don't have any loose powders at the moment but maybe I will actually start using this rush once I do.
Powder brush: I love this brush! I have read so many good reviews on this brush and it's all true. This brush is so tightly packed that it holds product do well. I use it to put on my powder and I love the coverage it gives. I recommend it to everyone for stippling on product. It's perfect.
"C" brush: Also another favorite!! This is the perfect brush for doing the crease of you eyelid. The short bristles are so soft but tightly packed. It fits perfectly in the crease of my eye to create the perfect smokey eye. I use this everyday! And there has been zero shedding. This is a must have for everyone's brush collection.
Angled brush: This tiny straight edged brush is perfect for cream eyeliners. I use it to apply my ELF cream eyeliners and it gives exactly the precision I need. I totally recommend this for eyeliner... I'm not really sure what else you would us it for to be honest.
Fan brush: So... I have tried using this to sweep away fallout from eye shadow because that is what I heard it's used for but I really don't find it that effective. I don't know the point of this brush... it's so wide and thin... I just don't know.
Well that is the last of my ELF hauls, FINALLY! Haha can I just say I went through this ridiculous phase of only buying ELF but I haven't ordered anything since this haul and I have been branching out to different brands. I have done a lot of shopping this past month and I have some fun LA Colors hauls and some discontinued products I got from Big Lots to show you guys so stick around!!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment